jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

FIFA Brazil 2014 CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying That USA Jamaica match

1. glendoncaba profile image81
    glendoncabaposted 4 years ago

Long title but I wanted to attract the right people.

Was unable to see it live so I watch the tape from beIN Sport.  Welcome the historic win for Jamaica but still concerned about the inability of Whitmore's squad to convert possession to goals from the run of play.  Two amazing freekicks saved the day for Jamaica.

glendoncabaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The return leg saw a very lacklustre Jamaican team with no passion.  Tactics clearly did not work as the Americans ran all around them.  The 1-0 USA victory well deserved.  Tappa Whitmore needs to get more experienced players into the starting eleven.  Or find a more aggressive strategy.

2. Gordon Hamilton profile image97
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 4 years ago

I'm a big football (soccer) fan but like many, my interest wanes when it comes to international football, particularly qualifiers for the big events. I love the big party every fourth summer, sure - but tend to look on the in betweens as distractions from the main event that is the game at club level.

I'm sorry I'm not overly familiar with the Jamaican team but am fairly familiar with many of the US squad and know the US national side is pretty good. Three of their players until recently played for the team I support, Rangers, in Glasgow, Scotland - including Carlos Bocanegra, the captain of the USA.

I'm not sure how the CONCACAF qualifiers work but I wish your team the best of luck in future rounds/group stages.

glendoncabaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Gordon:

Great to see another soccer fan on hubpages.  National football in the Caribbean makes up for the lack of very high quality club football.  Our players look forward to play in UK, USA and Europe.

Mind you our club league here in Jamaica is improving. 

Thanks for your kind wishes.  You understand the passion.

Jamaica boasts players in leagues all over the world.  Will do my best to share list in future post.