Marbury going to the Celtics? Good idea?

1. Junkster profile image60
    Junksterposted 7 years ago

Last time I posted a forum topic on the Celtics I was pleasantly surprised with how many fellow fans were on here so thought I'd ask what people thought about this latest rumour...

So mr controversy Stephon Marbury may be getting a move from the knicks sidelines to Boston, like last year the Celtics are planning some All-Star time of year signings (like last year's PJ Brown and Sam Cassell) and Stephon Marbury is being touted as a back up guard.

Thing is I'm pretty sure that considering last year where there was Rondo then Cassell and House sharing brief stints on the court I'm not sure the Celtics can offer Marbury sufficient court time to keep him happy.

It would be interesting as I haven't seen much of Marbury in recent years and so can't comment on his game, there's plenty of comments on his attitude/etc and I can't help think that there could be problems with the past where Marbury and KG were an amazing partnership in Minnesota but Steph actively chose to get out and leave.

Anyone (maybe a few Knicks fans) care to comment on Marbury as a player or any other mid-season trades/signing rumours?  I'm a few weeks behind watching my Celtics games that I get sent every week but have heard news of this and a few others through the news/espn etc.

2. Bruce Bostwick profile image73
    Bruce Bostwickposted 7 years ago

I've heard about that attitude and I think PTI, he was compared to T.O. from the Cowboys in that sense.  I don't follow the Knicks and don't live in the New York area to confirm it.  I just know he's go the easiest job in the world, getting paid to do nothing.

I'm not sure who would go for him, it seems that you'd have to be crazy if the track record is what they've been saying.

3. Junkster profile image60
    Junksterposted 7 years ago

Yeah, and I'm actually watching a few more of my Boston game sDVDs that I get sent by Pontel and noticed something that may mean we don't even need Marbury...

Gabe Pruitt.  I saw him in a game against the Jazz from December/November when Eddie House was away due to a family bereavement.  He only got a few minutes here and there but he sure did a good job as backup guard, I'd like to see him get more court time if only to see if his time in the D-League has made him as impressive as Rondo has become in such short time.

It was around this time last year that Rondo proved the critics wrong and proved he could play alongside The Big Ticket, Truth and Ray Allen.  Pruitt was a good 3pt shooter in that game which is exaclty what House is known for, and what we've missed since Posey's departure.

As for that game against the Jazz I was really impressed with Rondo's performance late in the game, he got greedy with the ball and it was great! Always good to see a player like him taking on the big guys and unlike people like Iverson and Deron Williams he doesn't take too many daring drives but proved a few times in that game alone that he is more than capable.

I think this is somethingt the Celtics will need to look to more and more, the tendancy at the moment seem to be relying too much on people like Pierce and KG to take long jumpers, and occasionally a killer clutch 3pt shot from Ray Allen.  I also noticed how Tony Allen has come a bit off the boil as of late, Glen Davis is improving with each game and I'd like to see them really stepping up around this point of the year as there have been a few worries that we don't have the necessary depth to the team compared to last year.