NFL Week 10

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (34 posts)
  1. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image72
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years ago

Indianapolis at Jacksonville about to start.

The story line here is shaved heads. Tune in to the NFL Network for the inspirational story.

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
      wavegirl22posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Pagano in the winning locker room moved me to tears. And then seeing these player shave their heads is totally awe inspiring.

All in all watching Luck and the Colts this season has been something I look forward to. Makes me wonder what it is that brings Indy the cream of the crop when it comes to QB's.

Last nights game was a no contest. Indy goes to 6-3.

2. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image72
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years ago

Andrew Luck sure can run faster with a shaved head. He scored two touchdowns running the ball last night.

3. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 11 years ago

In 2008 Nate Silver predicted 49 out of 50 states correctly in the President election. This election he got 50 out of 50. Silver started out as a baseball statistician. Any wonder why I am looking to him for the winners and the losers this week in the NFL.

Yes he picked this Thurs night game correctly with the Colts.

Heres the rest of his picks for week 10.

Tampa Bay Bucs over San Diego Chargers

Miami Dolphins over Tennessee Titans

New England Patriots over Buffalo Bills

Baltimore Ravens over Oakland Raiders

Denver Broncos over Carolina Panthers

New York Giants over Cincinnati Bengals

Detroit Lions over Minnesota Vikings

New Orleans Saints over Atlanta Falcons (wow)

New York Jets over Seattle Seahawks

Dallas Cowboys over Philadelphia Eagles

San Francisco Niners over St. Louis Rams

Chicago Bears over Houston Texans

Pittsburgh Steelers over Kansas City Chiefs

(I like all his picks except I hope he is wrong in the Pats over the Bills)

BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, he's got me beat. I was only 13-1 last week. The Skins game was my only loser.

I have the same picks as Nate except two. No, not the Saints over the Falcons. Please don't me mad at me. I took the Seahawks over the Jets. I just can't see the Jets coming up with a win in Seattle. Unless Tebow is the quarterback. And the Eagles over the Cowboys. I like the Philly coach better than the Dallas owner.

wow you were 13 -1 . .If I were you I would be bragging a whole lot more. I am impressed .. totally!

As for the Jets. I take so much s*it from many friends for rooting for them. This season I have even been getting condolence calls afterwards. Like I have told you before in 1983 on a very wet and damp day when the Jets lost the AFC Championship to Miami in the Mudd Bowl I swore Gang Green off until 2009 when Rex and Mark came to town. During that time I never even turned them on. I am so close to repeating that but there is still a tug at my heart. Nuff said for now.

I agree with you on the Cowgirls and the Iggles. Im rooting for Reid. Hard for me to stomach Jerry, though I have been told he is a great guy. My intuition feels different and I usually root against him.

So you think the Saints will put a L in the Falcons column?

Last week was an "easy" week for Pick Em, relatively speaking, and this week probably will be too unless there are a bunch of upsets. I did have a few bad weeks. I'm 89-43 for the season so far, which isn't too bad. These 7 reporters/editors in USA TODAY pick the games every week and the one with the best record, Simon Samano, is tied with me. He's got the Vikings over the Lions. I don't see that one at all. And he's got the Cowgirls over Mike Vick's Beagles. The rest of his are the same as mine.

Yeah, I like the Saints over the Falcons at home. It's do or die for the Saints. They lose this one, stick a fork in them. Falcons are bound to have a letdown, so this could be the week. Not to mention they are lucky to be undefeated.

So you playing Jamaal Charles this week?

yea I left Jammal in .. you think it wise?

last night, in another league, my espn team shocked me. Actually when I went to do my lineups, my team and my bench looked dreadful. I also have this thing where I rather have players left come Mon. night and I had 3 in play last night. . I thought I was dead in the water. . but I picked up 31 points for the night. Thanks to Vick Ballard(eh) Adam Viniteri (10) and Cecil Shorts (sweet 16) I have Eli and the Giants D, and oldtime fav of mine Cotchery, Stevie J, DeSean and Brandon Myers . . I could really use a win in this league this week . .but Im +6 going against Peyton among some other heavy hitters. Ha ha just realized I got me my own Manning Bowl here. .

You must be killing it in your leagues. .

Nope, no killing it for me. Just hanging around in the middle of the pack struggling to make the playoffs with both my teams.

Hmmm, I have Stevie J. too. Just saw he was listed as Questionable, but he says he'll play. Cotchery could be a good start. Somebody has to take up the slack for Antonio Brown. Somebody is going to be scoring some TDs for the Steelers. I picked up Emmanuel Sanders myself.

Now as for Jamaal Charles, my opponent at Yahoo has him. Charles is projected for 7.37 points, in comparison to Matt Forte who my opponent also has and is projected for 14.71. I have Leshoure and Stewart projected for 8.92 and 9.82. I might replace those two with Redman and Dwyer. I figure one or both is going to put up some good numbers. I usually play Alfred Morris but he's on the bye.

So I'll analyze this till game time, and make the wrong decision at the last minute. That's what I usually do. But no, if it was me, I wouldn't start Charles. I suspect the Steelers will be stacking the box and make Cassel throw if the Chiefs are going to score some points.

4. wavegirl22 profile image48

paging the Giants. .. where the hell did the Big Blue Wrecking Crew disappear in the last few weeks? Just when I thought they got a wake up call at the half they go and give the ball away?

Hello?

5. Alphadogg16 profile image85
    Alphadogg16posted 11 years ago

Neither the Giants or the Raiders showed up today. Broncos defense looks pretty impressive also.

How about the Ravens.

Right now Im rooting for the Bills to sack the crap out of Brady and then Give the ball to CJ!

6. Alphadogg16 profile image85
    Alphadogg16posted 11 years ago

Yeah Ive got CJ on my fantasy team also

I hate the Patriots.

And its looking like the same old Jets in Seattle.

Well of course the Bills blew it. Would have loved to see the Patriots lose that one.

C.J. did pretty good fantasy wise. I had him on my NFL.com team. Too bad I didn't play Fred Jackson on my Yahoo team. He racked up more than twice as many points as the two guys I played, Stewart and Leshoure. And the Broncos defense, geez. My opponent at Yahoo had them and got 24 points, more than any player on either team so far.

Yeah, the Ravens looked scary good, and Rice didn't even have a big day.

Hey, the Jets are hanging in there. Tied at the end of 1st quarter.

the Jets truly suck. I cant watch nor root for this madness much longer. Hard to support a team that pulls the OB in and out and then cant understand why he throws an interception in the red zone. The fan base and ownership is so dysfunctional that I really am questioning my support.

Im trying to find out that stats on how many of his interceptions have come after the mark/tebow switch.

On a more positive note, next season I would like to be in a fantasy football league with BGJack!

Well, I'd like to be in a fantasy football league with wavegirl22!

Wow, that Rams at 49ers game was wild and crazy. First tie this season.

And now we have Houston @ Chicago. Should be a terrific game, one would think. I really need Matt Forte and the Houston defense to both suck. So let's go Jay, throw it to your buddy like you did last week.

7. wavegirl22 profile image48

wow Rams-49ers (24-24) is 18th Overtime Tie since NFL added overtime in 1974. Last tie was Eagle-Bengals (13-13) in 2008.

I was rooting for the Rams. Actually I was hoping to see SJ39 breakout. Then again I was hoping many things that did not happen.

Onward to the Bears and the Titans.

You and I posted about a minute apart last night and I didn't see your post. Lol. We said about the same thing.

Your buddy Nate and I did about the same in picking the games, not all that well. He had the Cowgirls over the Beagles and I had the Seahawks over you know who.

Fantasy football, I need a big game from the Steelers on both offense and defense to pull out my two games. You still have Jamaal? I need for him and Bowe to both get stiffed.

Should be a wacky weather night at Heinz Field. It probably will be like what we saw last night in Chicago.

i sat jammal. i played Marcel Reece and Felix Jones. They both produced so I cant really complain. Jammal over Reece would have been slightly better but like I said cant complain i took the week in this league.

In my espn league I sure could use a point or 2 from Cotchery for a win, at the moment I am tied so I am hoping!

3 minutes to go and the Steelers up by 3. Can they hold out for the win. Time will tell!

Whew. Steelers lucky to come out of that with a win.

Of utmost concern to the Steelers season is Ben's right shoulder injury.

You should have got a couple points on that catch by Cotchery for 20 plus yards with a little more than 4 minutes to go. Not sure if that happened after you posted.

Jamaal Charles cost me my Yahoo game. That's what I get for telling you not to play him, wavegirl. I can't believe how well he ran against the Steelers number one overall defense. He's had some games where he didn't have many carries. Dumb on the part of the Chiefs, because they don't have much else besides Cassell turning the ball over, like he did last night in overtime to lose the game. Thank you!

A lot of QB injuries in Week 10. That's life in the NFL. At least the Jets have two healthy quarterbacks!

2 healthy QB's (actually 3) that dont add up to one.
              sad

That reminds me, I heard some talking head on some sports show say Greg McElroy should start for the Jets.

Should I pick him up for my fantasy teams? I might be needing another QB as a backup if Big Ben is going to be out for awhile.

you are asking the wrong person, I have sat any and every Jets I had on any team after last week. It is hard enough to watch them let alone hope they give anything back.

On a Steelers note did you see this  . . ESPN’s Ed Werder tweeted to Rick Reilly this morning.
                  "Plse inform Twitter followers you've turned the Big Ben story over to others. Either that or take my reporting shift."

Then just as the tweet appeared it was quickly deleted. But Werder's point had been made: Try again to take the spot light, when we all know its not nice to try and claim credit. The world is full of cameras you got caught Reilly.
                  How embarrassing.

Wow, and Steve Young looked really ticked at Riley when he asked for the plug on air. Hilarious stuff. I bet Steve said, "C'mon, man" or the X-rated version. Steve should have slapped Riley upside the head instead of just flicking him with his hand though.

I'm watching the replay of the Bills @ Patriots on NFL Network right now. But I'm going to switch to basketball before the tragic ending.

8. wavegirl22 profile image48

my gut was Tannehill .

And yes I know about Adam's concussion that with the Bears defense is enough to make me not want to play him. But I think San Fran is gonna be a contender in the weeks ahead.

And on a jets note. . the Tebow situation is starting to finally explode. Word is now coming out of the locker room. And the nonsense continues or is it the circus is almost ready to leave town.

So I guess you'll be watching the Dolphins @ Bills on Thursday night with great interest if you got Tannehill going. And you have Stevie Johnson. I saw him in an interview yesterday. Man, that dude looks weird with those tattoos on his neck. I'm playing him anyway on my one team and C.J. Spiller on the other.

Yeah, when you think about it, you can understand why the Giants win championships and the Jets don't. The Giants are solid as a rock like the Steelers in terms of ownership, management, and coaching while the Jets should change their name to the New York Drama Queens.

I got CJ on another team as well. That team I am in second place . .I hate Thursday night games (having fantasy players playing that night. . .rather see them on Monday. .. sometimes Im such a girl  .. he he

Yes Drama Queens is a perfect name for that. Especially since they actually do hail from Queens. In the days of Namath it was Shea Stadium where they played. .. oh the good old days!

You're such a girl? You must have missed what I posted on your Donald Trump thread yesterday. Otherwise you wouldn't be talking to me so nice.

I love Joe Namath, the Beaver Falls boy (not far from Pittsburgh for those lacking geographical perspective).

Back in the Joe Willie white shoes days when he owned the Big Apple, Suzy Kolber would have jumped at the chance to kiss him, over and over. Not to mention all over.

he he I did see it, but you know me I hate to entice any additional Timmy convos. And with the nuts over there I didnt want to start anything up. I actually laughed. . but like I said Tebow  . .I just want him to go away!!!

Now Willie Joe that is a whole other topic. Hes actually pretty vocal on twitter. His tweets seem pretty honest, though I may not always agree with him or him with Rex! He really gets going when Bama is playing. Did you ever see the Namath HBO special? He goes back to Beaver Falls for a Friday football game. Special was excellent in my opinion. Of course my favorite parts was when he was tossing the pigskin at Shea!

Forget Suzie. . I always preferred Farrah .. take it off  .. take it all off!

Oh yeah, Farrah and Joe. They did an "I'm gonna get creamed" one before that.

I did see the HBO thing on Namath. Great. Speaking of NY, I also liked the one on Mickey Mantle and the one on the Brooklyn Dodgers.

Speaking of NY again, we have a football game in NY tonight. Although on the other side. I've been to games in Buffalo. A couple hours from me. Clear sky this morning. You can see your breath and frost on the ground. Perfect football weather as opposed to that rain and wind we saw in the Sunday and Monday night games in Chicago and Pittsburgh. I don't know how you can get up for football sitting around in your bikini in San Diego.

Anyway, the weather should be conducive to our fantasy guys scoring a lot of points!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)