jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Did Anyone See the Tweets About Obama Interrupting Football?

1. SurfboardShark profile image61
    SurfboardSharkposted 3 years ago

Wow, I am really embarrassed for some of those people who posted such awful things on Twitter when NBC interrupted the football game to show President Obama giving a speech in Connecticut regarding the school shootings. I'm not going to link to them here because they're too foul to repeat. I understand being really into a game and getting upset over it being interrupted, but the remarks being made were completely disrespectful to the loved ones of the victims.

Am I being overly sensitive here?

2. Xenonlit profile image61
    Xenonlitposted 3 years ago

They never matter at Twitter. Such tweets are usually wiped out within a short period of time because the three drunk people writing them have to catch their buses and get home before the boiled pork gets cold.

We have more important work to do.

1. SurfboardShark profile image61
      SurfboardSharkposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There are over 40 very derogatory remarks on Twitter, so I wouldn't necessarily call it an insignificant thing- especially considering the subject of the speech. It's just interesting to me that as a society our need for entertainment overshadows core values like compassion for others.

3. adjkp25 profile image93
    adjkp25posted 3 years ago

I'm not surprised at any of the attacks against Obama anymore.  I have a high school buddy that complains about everything he does and, true to form, complained about the speech on his Facebook page; some dribble about Obama is going to take away all our freedoms.

He then complained about the timing because it removed some of the Sunday night football game and why it couldn't have been aired on Saturday.  My understanding was Obama attended a local service prior to the speech but I could be wrong.

If he would have done the speech on Saturday people would have been tweeting about him not showing enough respect, by attending a service, so what are you going to do when someone can't even blink right according to some people?

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

I would call 40 tweets out of all American who tweet entirely insignificant.

5. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image85
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 3 years ago

I could care less what some chumps tweet.

Al Michaels said where to go if you wanted to keep watching the game instead of the president.

I watched the president. I didn't vote for him. I thought he gave a terrific speech.

6. ocbill profile image77
    ocbillposted 3 years ago

dehumanized people. It's a bad, disturbing, and growing trend in society.