jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

NFL Week 16

1. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image84
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 4 years ago

The schedule is a little different this week. No Thursday night game or Monday night (Christmas Eve) game. Instead we have a Saturday night game, Atlanta at Detroit. The Falcons need to win one of their last two to secure the number one seed irrespective of what other teams do.

Here’s my agenda tomorrow:

1:00 pm, Cincinnati at Pittsburgh. One of these teams will step up and go a long way towards making the playoffs. I prefer the one wearing black and gold instead of stripes.

4:25 pm, N.Y. Giants at Baltimore. The Giants need to win their last two to be assured of making the playoffs. The Ravens have made the playoffs, but have not clinched the AFC North title. I’ll take the defending Super Bowl champs in this one.

8:20 pm, San Francisco at Seattle.  No matter which team wins this game, the 49ers will likely take the NFC West title and the Seahawks will be a wild card. Should be a great game. I’ll be rooting for the 49ers, mostly because my son, a rabid SF fan, will be watching the game with me and I’ll get dirty looks and snide remarks if I don’t.

So who is looking forward to tomorrow more than Christmas besides me?

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
      wavegirl22posted 4 years ago in reply to this

As always, Im with you BGJack.

Go Steelers.

Go Giants

And for your sons sake I will root for the 49ers . Though I think the Hawks are a serious contender. Wild cards are exactly what they are, they get wild and put it all on the line!

Still in green and white mourning, but time heals all wounds.

1. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image84
        BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, who knows about those Seahawks. 58 and 50 points in each of their last two games? Is Russell Wilson really that good? We will find out on Sunday Night Football.

And then you have the Giants 52 points against the Saints and 0 against the Falcons. Against the Ravens coming off 3 straight losses and two lucky wins before that. A team that has made the playoffs.

Steelers and Bengals both have been Jekyll and Hyde.

I just hope I'm not crying in my beer tomorrow, but I'll drink it anyway.

I will toast your beer with my Jack and Seven wink

Steelers win and Giants win and then we can really start the party!

2. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image84

So the Falcons clinch the number one playoff seed in the NFC. The only thing the Lions had going was Megatron, who broke Jerry Rice's record.

Is this the year for the Atlanta Falcons? They sure looked really good against the Giants last week and mostly good last night.

So what team will impress us today and make us believe they are a legitimate Super Bowl contender?

Indi, Pit and please god the Giants.

3. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 4 years ago

BG - time for you to become bi-polar like me and start doing the salsa! Or at least help me root the Giants in.

4. Alphadogg16 profile image89
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

Go Packers!!!! The Vikings need to lose in order for the Bears to get in

5. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image84

I'm still rooting for the Giants, wavegirl, but I don't give them much chance of making the playoffs.

I think Alphadogg's Bears will be the thorn in Big Blue's side. I doubt the Lions will be roaring much this Sunday. Quadruple Mekatron and the Bears will win.

I can certainly see the Redskins beating the Cowboys and the Packers beating the Vikings. Packers don't want to slack off due to keeping the number 2 playoff seed in the NFC is at stake.

I put the Steelers season in the same category as the Jets season, which I can not adequate express here because I would be banned.

working