jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What would your pre-game speech be?

1. brianwatson profile image70
    brianwatsonposted 3 years ago

Have you ever seen a team go out and play and they looked like they lacked motivation?  What would you say to a team to motivate them before a big playoff game?

This is what I would say:

Gentleman, the day has come to put on the hobnailed boot and crush the throats of our prey, and feast on a victory.  It's time to rise up and build a stone wall and take no prisoners.  It's time to take what is ours and bring the glory home.  Look to the man to your left and right, know that they are worth going into battle for.  So take that field and destroy the enemy.

1. Greekgeek profile image98
      Greekgeekposted 3 years ago in reply to this

"Anybody need potions? Okay, good. All right, magic user, you give us covering fire along with the archer. After two good spells fall back and let bruiser fighter and thief sweep in for frontal attack. Everybody else stand by to haul bodies out of the way and step in if anyone goes down; our healer will apply remedies or healing as needed."

... Whoops, sorry, wrong kind of game. big_smile

1. brianwatson profile image70
        brianwatsonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hey that could be a good pre-game speech in the mythical realm.

2. Shanna11 profile image90
    Shanna11posted 3 years ago

"Don't screw this s*** up like last week."

That was as motivational as my old high school coaches used to get.

3. brianwatson profile image70
    brianwatsonposted 3 years ago

That's awesome.  That sounds like something I would have said to my soldiers when I was in the Army.

4. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image84
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 3 years ago

If I was the coach of the Steelers, this is the speech I would have given prior to the Week 16 game with the Bengals that determined which team would make the playoffs:

"If we don't win today, some of you will be traded to that other local team, the Pittsburgh Passion (women's team). The rest of you will be traded to Cleveland."