jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Different types of childhood games....almost extinguished !!!!!!

1. dghbrh profile image65
    dghbrhposted 3 years ago

Had you played some sort of weird games in your own childhood that you are quite sure many are even not aware of? Then there may be many games which are not popular now a days as they used to be in OUR time.....so what is your game that you remember and still feel good now?

Mine is hide and seek that is common yes I know but now I don see my son playing these as we used to enjoy in our time. As i was quite bookish and so not in a position to write about different games. But I will sure love to know about your experience here. ...:-)

2. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image62
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 3 years ago

Deergha I agree loved hide and seek. Out in the country in the summertime a group of us kids played Capture the Flag. Where we divided up in teams. Made flags. Hid them and then had to sneak around and try and find the other teams flag. It's still on the Internet with instructions and counts as an outdoor game. We build sand house with driveways and played visiting the neighbors. And my all time favorite Hopscotch. I wouldn't even mind playing these games today. lol

dghbrhposted 3 years ago in reply to this

wowww..really an wonderful childhood you enjoyed so far I am quite sure about it dear:-) well .....hope u get some company to play these games even today.....best wishes dear today and always ,.......LOL
      Yes I do agree now the tech world has changed the very meaning of games for the children of this generation. Thank you .

3. Paul Kuehn profile image88
    Paul Kuehnposted 3 years ago

I remember playing the game Red Rover when I was young. In this game you would have two teams in lines facing each other.  All team members on both teams would first form a chain by locking hands together.  Then, a member or members of one team would call for a certain person on the other team to come over and try to bust through the linked hands and arms.  If the person could not bust through the chain, he was captured.  If he broke through the chain, he was able to bring a captive back to his team.  When all of the members of one team were eliminated, the game was over.  In the culture of political correctness today, this game is probably not played because the weaker persons who are captured are not going to feel good about themselves.  Isn't the name of the game today not to hurt anyone's feelings?

Thank you so much for sharing your childhood memories here. Feelings to hurt with the names or any process of any game for me is not logical though rest may think differently.
      Thank you again.

4. CyclingFitness profile image91
    CyclingFitnessposted 3 years ago

British bulldog used to be great fun but the health and safety brigade have stolen it from us

Many thanks for your response here. Have a great day ahead.