Tebow finally has a home

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 10 years ago

It drove me nuts all the talk that Tebow was done.  Today, it made me smile that he's signing with the Patriots.  I wish him success and if Brady goes down this year, I'll watch every Pats game to see Tebow play:)

1. bBerean profile image60
      bBereanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't want anything to happen to Brady, but would love to see Tebow get some time.

Paul Edmondsonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Y, I don't like to see anyone go down. Looks like he will compete with Mallet for backup spot.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image55
      prettydarkhorseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Nice, finally he has a home.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8095243_f248.jpg

Gronk, Brady, Tebow and McDaniels (asst. coach)

Los Guapos.

I see tebow winning a SB as a starter in 3 years

1. prettydarkhorse profile image55

Brady has a 5 yr contract, so he can't be the starter until then. NE and Denver are strong contender in the AFC this coming season, so who knows he might get a ring smile

Y, but that puts Brady at 40 years old by the end.  I'd be very surprised if he can stay healthy over that period.  If Tebow beats out Mallet, he'll get some pt.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image55

Like what they said above, Belichick will use him in some other ways, but I like him to play again as QB and prove himself more. Guess everybody is waiting and excited when he showed up for the camp. I read it somewhere that the owner Kraft really like Tebow.

3. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 10 years agoin reply to this

according to various sources, Tebow is only going to be the 3rd thring quarterback, so even if Brady gets hurt, it doesn't guarantee tebow will replace him.

However, I do agree with all the analysts that more than likely we'll see Tebow play out of position more often at tight end and running back, as Bill Billichick is infamously known for making guys play out of position on various occasions.  Plus, they mentioned that the two tight ends for the patriots are injured, and tebow is a natural athlete, and he has the bulk to play that position, so don't be surprised if you see tebow play tight end a little bit, as i think he'd rock that position.

If anything, I predict Bill will probably use Tebow in more of a slasher role in vain of how Bill Cowher used to use Kordell Stewart for a while for the Steelers.

4. profile image0
      number2sonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad that he's finally back on an NFL team.  I hope that he gets a lot of playing time, and proves himself to be a very useful player.  I dislike the Pats, but this will give me something to pull for with them.

5. profile image0
      Deepes Mindposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Tebow is a decent player. The move to the Pats is an excellent move for his career because he will be in a position to improve his mechanics as a qb by being under one of the best to play that position. I've stated that tebow needed to be under a veteran.

1. profile image0

It is a good place for him.  I think that he will be used a good deal, in different positions, and situations.  He also, as you said, can learn from one of the best in the business, Tom Brady.

2. Alphadogg16 profile image85
    Alphadogg16posted 10 years ago

I know how much you love Tebow Paul, the kid is a good person/athlete, he's just not a quarterback. Dont think he will see much playing time, except maybe versus the Jets, there is so much bad blood between the Pats and Jets, I think they would use him just to make a point. The Pats may try to use him in the slot to replace Welker. That kid Armendola can't seem to stay healthy.

3. profile image0
    DigbyAdamsposted 10 years ago

I was just having a discussion tonight about Bellichek's decision. I live in Massachusetts and many die-hard Pat's fans are shocked. I am thrilled that Tebow is here. It's going to be fascinating to watch what Bellichek is up to. Although as usual, he's not giving anything up. Of course I still wish the NFL had given Doug Flutie a fair chance.

4. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

Ha. I don't lime the pats that much either, but if Tebow plays, ill be a fan.

5. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 10 years ago

Lets see ...Tebow has been looking for work in the NFL since being cut by New England on Aug. 31.

Sept. 16 - A group of Jags fans held a rally to get the team to sign Tebow. (Almost) no one showed up

Sept. 19  - Russian football team: 'Negotiations still under way' with Tim Tebow. As of yet no one from the Tebow camp has spoken, but if he is indeed interested in playing football in Russia we’ll likely know soon, considering the league’s championship game is on Sept. 28, CBSSports.com reported.

Tim Tebow finally has a home? Hmm for sure it aint in the NFL.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 10 years agoin reply to this

hmm..that's a crying shame.  I'm not sure what happened with tim tebow, but i'm surprised he wasn't more open to playing other positions other than quarterback.   i think he would've worked out great in new england had he been more receptive to playing more of a slasher role similar to what kordell stewart used to play for the steelers before becoming their official starting quarterback.

i mean with his body, i can easily imagine him playing a running back, tight end, or a cornerback possibly.  and with billichick being infamously known for making guys plays different positions than they're accustomed to, i was fairly dead certain that he'd be in some sort of slasher role for the new england patriots this year.  oh well. i guess that just goes to show you that what happened that one year with tebow in denver was a fluke.  sad really because i think he was a nice guy, but he just lacked the talent to play that one position he starred in college.

1. profile image0

I agree.  I think that he needed, and still needs to realize that he just might not be signed as a quarterback, and would be better off trying to get in any way he can.

2. profile image0

Come on wavegirl22!  I sure hope the Giants and Jets stink this year!

6. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

I'd really like for Tebow to find a place to play. If he does, I'll be watching.

1. bBerean profile image60
      bBereanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1

Besides, the league could really use some positive press regarding personnel.

1. profile image0

Absolutely!

2. wavegirl22 profile image48
      wavegirl22posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Your wanting Tebow to play in the NFL is kinda like my wanting the Jets to win the Superbowl sometime in the near future. It aint happening on either counts.

As for Tebow, The Broncos gave him a choice before they made the trade: The neon lights on Broadway or his hometown Jaguars? Tebow picked the Jets, It was a miscalculation on his part. He should have gone to Jacksonville when he had the chance.

As of now Tebow’s time in New York will be remembered for the circus that came to town. From the start there was massive obnoxious coverage from the first moments of training camp to every post game show on when or if Tebow would get some playing time. All the secret plays that were to come, oy was it painful to have to hear over and over again.
      Finally the Jets released him and he was traded to the Pats. Many in NY thought Belicheck was going turn Tebow into the Jets worst nightmare. Rex has one less thing now to keep him awake for New England cut Tebow last month after the quarterback failed to impress in the preseason.
      When the Patriots cut him Tim took to twitter

This past Monday some Jaguars fans tried to make Tim's dream come true and staged a rally urging ownership to sign him.
      To some this may sound like some serious home town fan support. Only problem was that the rally consisted of less than two dozen people, some bearing signs with the uninspiring message, "Jags. Tebow. Why not?"

23 people and one baby showed up for the Tebow Rally.

Looks like Tebowmania is officially over.

1. profile image0

You're definitely right that he should have went to the Jaguars. 
        By the way, yes he was cut by the Jets, but he wasn't traded to the Pats.  He was signed by them as a free agent. 

Also, it's still too early to say that Tebowmania is over, despite all of his recent setbacks.

3. profile image0

Me too.

7. daniel hensley profile image41
    daniel hensleyposted 10 years ago

Why all the Tebow hate? All the guy does is win! He may not throw like Tom Brady, but Tom Brady doesn't run like Tebow! Tebow isn't your typical "quarterback", he is a fullback that can throw the ball 60 yards. When he runs to the flats, cornerbacks want no piece of him! That is why he is effective, he can lower his shoulder and punish smaller defenders, and outrun the bigger ones. A skill we really haven't seen accept from Cam Newton.  You can't compare Tebow to a typical "mobile" quarterback usually fast QBs are usually smaller and not known to lead shoulder first into tacklers.

1. profile image0

I agree with you.  However, his passing is not at the level that it needs to be at.  If he wants to get back to being a starting quarterback, he's going to have to become a better passer.

8. daniel hensley profile image41
    daniel hensleyposted 10 years ago

PS: I am a cowboy fan so no tebowmania here. I just speak the facts. Wow didn't realize "tebowmania" is actually a word now lol when I put the two words apart it told me the spells was wrong with the red line! Ha!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)