jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Where will Johnny Manziel go in the draft?

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 2 years ago

I have to say I've enjoyed watching Johnny almost as much as Tebow. I'd love to see him do one more year of college, but it sounds like he'll come out. If he does, is he a first round pick?

1. 0
      Deepes Mindposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Definitely. There are a lot of teams that need a good quarterback that has the mechanics and the psychology.

2. Writer David profile image78
    Writer Davidposted 2 years ago

I'm still not convinced JM will come out this year.  He got hurt early in the year.  He never fully recovered.  I'm pretty sure NFL scouts took note of that.  He has a fragile looking body and running around in the NFL will spell a very short tenure for him.  He also hurt himself with his performance against LSU.  All that said, he is a fantastic college QB.  I don't see him as a first rounder, however.  He has been stereotyped as an ad-libber.  I see him going late 2nd round to early 3rd round.  I hope he proves me wrong.  But, I think he will only enjoy moderate success in the NFL. I agree, it has been a pleasure to watch him play.

1. 59
      mfb711posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Johnny Football has the opportunity to join Tim Tebow, Gino Torretta and other Heisman-winning college QBs who go bust in the NFL. He's too small and slow to be a running QB in the pros; the big and fast linebackers will have him for lunch. Give Manziel his due: he's been a great college QB and has deserved his awards. However, his NFL future is uncertain at best.  He'll have none at all if he tries to be a runner.