jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

TO's massive unpopularity

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image29
    fishskinfreak2008posted 8 years ago

So TO may have to retire because the following teams have reportedly made it clear that they DON'T want/need his services after he was cut by Dallas, according to a Yahoo! report:

1. Dallas Cowboys (TO was just cut so why would they take him back?)

2. New York Giants (they already have Amani Toomer and one of football's best pass-catching tight ends in Jeremy Shockey)

3. Washington Redskins

4. Baltimore Ravens (the Ravens went 11-5 in 2008 and have a good target in wide receiver Derrick Mason)

5. San Francisco 49ers (another ex-TO team; TO wanted out of San Francsco because he thought they weren't good enough so why would they take him back?)

6. Minnesota Vikings (the Vikings went 10-6 in 2008 and

7. Atlanta Falcons (the Falcons went 11-5 in 2008 and have an excellent target in wide receiver Roddy White who made 88 catches for 1382 yards, TO-like numbers)

8. Cleveland Browns (OK, they could use some help after going 4-12 in 2008)

The Cowboys have had enough of TO. In addition to worsening performance, TO will be 36 this year. And he has character issues.

2. crashcromwell profile image82
    crashcromwellposted 8 years ago

In the era of non-guaranteed contracts, he'll land somewhere. I could picture the Patriots picking him up, making it clear that he must shape up or ship out. It's what they did with Randy Moss, and all he did was set an NFL record for touchdown receptions in a season. They did a similar thing with Corey Dillon a few years back, and though he's no longer with the team, it was not his behavior that got him bounced.

T.O. could sign a one-year incentive-laden deal with New England, show he can be a good boy, and get another big contract a year from now.

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image29
      fishskinfreak2008posted 8 years ago in reply to this

The question is: WHO IS WILLING TO PAY HIM THE AMOUNT HE WANTS CONSIDERING THAT HIS PERFORMANCE IS DETERIORATING?

3. AshleyVictoria profile image59
    AshleyVictoriaposted 8 years ago

You can add Philadelphia to that list.  Philadelphia would NEVER take TO back.

4. Bruce Bostwick profile image71
    Bruce Bostwickposted 8 years ago

Shocking the Bills actually picked him up.  He's gettin a 1 year deal there and whether he stays there longer is another story.

Not sure if the Browns would really take a major chance on him given that there is Braylon Edwards that can be a bit of a head case.

1. RKHenry profile image78
      RKHenryposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Man, I was so disappointed when they made the announcement.  He's a joke and the best thing for him would've been forcing him to set out.  He's such a prick.

5. crashcromwell profile image82
    crashcromwellposted 8 years ago

At the end of the day, whether T.O. is a jerk or not doesn't matter much. He can still catch the ball, and whether you like him or not, he's an attraction. Buffalo was smart to pick him up, but I doubt he'll stay there beyond this season.

1. RKHenry profile image78
      RKHenryposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Did you see his stats for the past 3 years?  He is no longer a "golden boy".  He is a pain in the ass.

6. Matt Maresca profile image61
    Matt Marescaposted 8 years ago

T.O. is probably my third least favorite athlete right now behind Kobe Bryant and Manny Ramirez, but I still think this was a smart move by Buffalo.  The Bills are a small market team that has been mediocre at best since their glory days of losing Super Bowls in the 90s.  They have not had any "star" power since those days, either.  T.O. may not be as good as he once was, but I still see him as a top 10-15 receiver in the NFL if he has his head on straight.  Buffalo is taking a chance, no doubt.  But really, what do they have to lose?

working