jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

NFL Super bowl 2014

1. angelicthoughts profile image61
    angelicthoughtsposted 2 years ago

I just moved here in United States when the football season started. My husband has eventually convinced me to be interested in football. With the super bowl coming, I am not sure which team is better - is it the Sea Hawks or the Broncos? Let me know what you think for each team!

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image93
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I am not a fan of the Seahawks. Giving a slap on the wrist to players caught using drugs, the attitude of certain team members, and all that has led me to seriously dislike the team. Go Broncos!! BTW, I am a die-hard Green Bay Packer fan!!!

2. mschilling20 profile image60
      mschilling20posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Better is really hard to decide at this point. This is actually the first cold, outdoor Super Bowl in a looooong time. Since you're new to football, here's a little back story:
      Peyton Manning played for the Colts for around thirteen years, playing mostly indoors. He's not quite as used to playing in the cold as other people. The grip on the ball is harder. The Broncos' offense consists of throwing the ball outside the numbers (closer to the sideline = further distance) That will be harder in the cold. Throwing in the middle of the field will be easier. That is how Seattle will attack Denver, by protecting the middle. (Or at least should). So, I feel like Seattle has the upper hand since they are able to move the ball very well on the ground offensively and have a great defense that matches against Denver very well, especially in the cold. I have to give the edge to Seattle by a little for this game, but Manning knows exactly what he's doing, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him win this game. If you want to know more about football, I'm starting to get into this hubpages thing and would love you to follow me and my opinions. Thank you!

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

I live in Seattle.

3. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 2 years ago

Denver! Great to see the Broncos in a Superbowl.

4. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 2 years ago

Define better.  Are we talking about best overall?  Or which ones the best to root for?  If it helps, Peyton Manning and the broncos had one of the best offenses all season, as he went on to set all sorts of records during the regular season so if you like offense in football, then that would be a great team to watch.

However, the seattle seahawks have the league's best defense, and they have corners that can give manning's receivers problems. 

Although i personally think the broncos have the edge though.  Mainly because even though the seahawks have a great defense, the reality is their offense isn't that great because of their young qb.  Hell, some teams' game plan against them is to make the qb beat them, and the broncos' defense isn't that shabby either, so I think the broncos have more of a well rounded team than the seahawks do.  at least, that's my opinion on this.

1. angelicthoughts profile image61
      angelicthoughtsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi stevennix2001, I am talking about for this season. I appreciate your response, it is very informative.
      I had to say that I enjoyed last Sunday's game between the 49ers and the Seahawks. I can't wait for the superbowl to happen soon and learn some new stuff about football.