Is the legion of boom the best nfl defense of all time?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 2 years ago

After watching that display of dominating smash mouth defense on display in superbowl 48, are we witnessing the birth of a possible dynasty in the making?  I mean the guys on espn and fox brought up a good point that the seahawks are still a very young team, and most of their key players are signed with them for a very long time as well, so it's theoretically possible that we could be seeing this team win more than one super bowl during our lifetime; barring injuries of course.

However, this raises an another question.  Is the seahawks defense aka the legion of boom the best defense of all time?  what are your thoughts on this?

1. bBerean profile image59
      bBereanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think they will be.  Youth, depth, coaching and community support all bode well for that to be the case.  They have enough talent to reach their third string, so it will take a lot of injuries to slow them down.  They couldn't have a more supportive community, and coaching has been excellent.  The entire team holds itself to a high standard, and based on last year, can certainly deliver.  I predicted it way back here: 
      (Forgive me for being such a fairweather fan that I overlooked the 49rs being in the same division when I made that post, way back last season).

2. Jackson Lewis profile image60
    Jackson Lewisposted 2 years ago

They're a great defense...but to be the best they have to be consistently great over the next few years. Let's see how 2014 fares.