jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Patriots, the Super Bowl Champs once Again

1. Fred Arnold profile image61
    Fred Arnoldposted 2 years ago

Hey guys!

If you haven't heard, the Patriots won the Super Bowl! As a Pats fan I am pretty happy about the turnout. However, I came to terms during the game that we were going to lose. That last Seahawks drive had me sweating! What did you think about the game? These two teams were so evenly matched on paper I felt that it showed within the game. The Pats dominated the 1st and 4th quarters while the Seahawks tossed Brady around like a rag doll for the 2nd and 3rd. What are your opinions?

-Fred

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 2 years ago in reply to this

A pass play with 1.5 yards to the goal was a bad play call.  I will never figure out why they did that.

Fred Arnoldposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Lynch was shut down the entire 4th quarter. He made no yards that quarter, so I can see the reasoning. But he still should have been given the run.

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

It was a very good game. They were evenly matched and the ending could have gone either way!
    The mid game show was worthwhile...smile

It was damn intense! I was glad for a good game!

3. Sam Montana profile image85
    Sam Montanaposted 2 years ago

The Seahawks handed the Vince Lombardi trophy to the Patriots, just said here, we don't want it, you take it. Will be interesting to see how the Seahawks handle this next year. Both teams played with a lot of spirit and toughness.

I'm not too sure! Everyone is saying they should have ran Lynch but the entire 4th quarter he was shut down. The only way they were moving the balls was with the pass, so I think that call was viable. Wilson just failed to execute and threw it to someone who was too guarded. Carroll probably should have handed Lynch the ball, though.

1. Sam Montana profile image85
        Sam Montanaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If they are going to try a pass, throw it to the corner where only the intended receiver can catch it. It was only 2nd down and they had a timeout left. If Lynch was being shut down, Wilson is more than capable of running it in on a read option type play.

I agree. Their whole running game was shut down, however. Wilson had the time in the pocket to make a better call. I think he over reacted.

working