Strange to watch golf and think Tiger doesn't have a chance

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 14 months ago

The PGA is on this week and while I'm looking forward to watching Spieth and even Dustin Johnson, but I feel like there is little chance we will see Tiger on the weekend.  Golf like most things is changing:)

1. Don Bobbitt profile image93
      Don Bobbittposted 14 months ago in reply to this

You know, I remember when he was reaching his prime, with all of those fantastic swings, long shots and other power shots.

One of the commentators ( an old Pro, I can't remember his name) stated that with Tiger's swing which included such a radical swivel at the waist, he was going to have a lot of back-related problems within ten years.

He went on to say that no one's body could take the punishment Tiger was putting on himself without having to change his whole swing approach at some point.

And, here we are, watching a legend going through reinventing his swing.

The shame is, the public now wants to see those "miracle shots" that Tiger was so famous for. No, they EXPECT to see those shots, and so does the rest of the Golf Industry.

Hopefully, somewhere out there, another kid with his own repertoire of "miracle shots" is practicing his game.