jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How well do you think sand volleyball will do as a collegiate sport?

1. caderade2 profile image60
    caderade2posted 7 years ago

The NCAA just announced that Sand Volleyball will be a collegiate sport for women in 2010.

2. Junkster profile image61
    Junksterposted 7 years ago

I think it's fine, but how are some colleges who aren't on the coast going to handle it?

Be a bit daft that every college will have a little beach on campus lol

3. caderade2 profile image60

I believe every university will have at least one indoor sand court and multiple outdoor sand volleyball courts.

4. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

personally, I think sand volleyball should be left to hanging out on the beach. The fact that its in the Olympics is appalling. I love volleyball, I played volleyball...but it should be on a court, not the sand. What's next? Water balloon tossing, egg races? I'm sure it's tough, don't get me wrong, but street basketball isn't a college sport...

5. caderade2 profile image60

That's a different view.  I think beach volleyball would have as much right as tennis to be a sport, but the Olympics has a lot of weird sports now.  But I see beach volleyball as much more entertaining than indoor and indoor volleyball just isn't fun to watch while beach is.

6. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

Hmmm...could it be the bathing suits? wink

7. Rockwell Fitness profile image76
    Rockwell Fitnessposted 7 years ago

Living in california, I love beach volleyball. Big change in styles between sand and court.