jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Darrius Heyward-Bey over Mike Crabtree?

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image32
    fishskinfreak2008posted 7 years ago

How can Darrius Heyward-Bey (of all people) be picked over MICHAEL CRABTREE (one of the best wide receivers to ever play besides Mike Williams & Dwayne Jarrett)? Heyward-Bey mostly excelled on special teams.

2. Bruce Bostwick profile image73
    Bruce Bostwickposted 7 years ago

Probably because of it being the Raiders.  Only time will tell if the pick will work out.

3. 0
    SteveAngelesposted 7 years ago

Because Darrius Heyward Bey has the most important stats of all...40 yard dash! Forget the hands. DHB will probably be a good guy, but he's a waste of a #7 overall pick.

4. Rockwell Fitness profile image74
    Rockwell Fitnessposted 7 years ago

Because the Raiders are the worse team in the NFL... They have a ZOMBIE for an owner.

5. The Phil profile image59
    The Philposted 7 years ago

Zombie??? Al Davis is a genius.

How many owners do you know that can run out a coach or two AND dissemble an entire Super Bowl roster within 3 seasons??

That sounds pretty impressive to me.

6. Enigmatic Me profile image68
    Enigmatic Meposted 7 years ago

I can't possibly know what you mean about Mike Williams and Dwayne Jarret being the best to have ever played.
    But, being Canadian, I guess that's a good fall back excuse.
    I'm a big fan of NCAA football, though THE U hasn't been producing much for a while, and I have high expectations of the Wolverines, though that doesn't work out for me either.

I do agree Heyward-Bey should not have been on the draft card that early in the draft. "I'm not in College anymore" isn't the vocab you want to hear from your number one pick. WE all know you aren't in college anymore... we don't need to be banged over the head with that sentiment.

As for Crabtree... we'll see if he turns out to be the cream of the crop. Hicks looks to be the biggest impact WR out of the first round. Yes I know I'll hear it for that one.. but.. I say wait and see before you roast me.