jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

New HUD rule to eliminate option for full time RV Living for many

1. Jayne Lancer profile image90
    Jayne Lancerposted 13 months ago

This thread belongs on the topical forums.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 13 months ago in reply to this

Deleted

Jayne Lancerposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Freeform Discussions is for games, never ending threads, and other vacuous fun. Your thread belongs on the topical forums.

Deleted

Jayne Lancerposted 13 months ago in reply to this

The button at the top of the left sidebar on the main HubPages forum page. It reads "switch to topical forums."

2. Annsalo profile image86
    Annsaloposted 13 months ago

This is ridiculous. I have been following it. Just another way for the government to control the people while telling them they are doing it for their own good!

Deleted

1. Annsalo profile image86
        Annsaloposted 13 months ago in reply to this

It is! What are full time RVers going to do? People who have paid their taxes on time for 50 years, worked their butts off to be able to relax in their RV for their retirement?
        I just don't understand the governments constant need to mind people's business!

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92

Please look at my new post on the forums.  This one was incorrect.

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 13 months ago

Well as soon as the Tiny House yuppies using building on a trailer as a way to get around building to code, something like this was bound to happen. I guess full time lifestylers will need downsize to under 400 square feet as a result.

4. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 13 months ago

Snopes has a week-old page up explaining how the tiny house ban is currently me of the hottest internet scam topics/urban legends exploding across the North American blogosphere.

http://www.snopes.com/hud-tiny-homes-ban/

No, it is not a scam.  It is a matter of misunderstanding that panicked a lot of people and is what caused me to write my original post.

I have now deleted it and rewritten my hub with a clear explanation of what really is going on.

HUD did in fact modify its ruling, but not in the way people interpreted it.  I made a mistake by not doing enough research, and I have now corrected it.

The bottom line is that the rule change will not affect full time RVers except to provide them with a bit of protection.

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image92
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 13 months ago

I've never been able to comprehend why anyone would think I should be beholden to laws. Laws almost never have any sort of morality to them I agree to, and the idea of a 'social contract ' was always preposterous.

What next? Someone is going to tell me taxes aren't theft?

Well, most people don't like going to jail or being fined!

working