Update on HUD RV Ruling

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 months ago

I apologize for the confusion, but after doing more research I realized that the forum I posted earlier was incorrect.  This is because I, along with many others, was misinformed.  Since posting, I discovered that there is a ton of misinformation about the HUD ruling that is leading people to panic.

The bottom line is that full time RVers will not be negatively affected by it, but instead will get some protections from it as a result of the new way in which they are clarifying the differences between RVs and Mobile Homes..  I rewrote my hub to reflect that, if you wish to read the details.

In this case, the government is trying to help people, not hurt them, and the RV Industry supports what they are doing.

I am terribly sorry if I upset anybody.  Please accept my apology.

1. Annsalo profile image84
      Annsaloposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for the update, but I have read a good bit on this and I think I am confused now.
      I have read that those who have pared their RV in an RV park will be impacted if they make it permanent. Something along the lines of if they add on a porch they will be impacted. I'll go read your article, maybe it will give me some clarity.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 months ago in reply to this

You are referring to park models, which basically are RVs because they are on wheels but must keep within certain dimensions to be exempted from the rules.   Some people have started adding porches, roofs, etc that break the rules, so those , yes, will be impacted.  Probably they will have to remove those items to maintain their exemption. 

FYI  A park model is like a little mobile home and is not self contained like an RV is.