jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

How do you feel about Bret Favre retiring again?

1. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

So...The Favre has retired a second time and the Jets released him. Which means, if he comes back yet again he can be a free agent. What do you think? Good, bad? Should he stay retired, should he have never retired in the first place, should he not have come back the first time? I wanna know what you think.

2. 0
    shreekrishnaposted 7 years ago

is favre is your family friend.

3. Bruce Bostwick profile image74
    Bruce Bostwickposted 7 years ago

I'll believe it when I see it.  If I don't see him playing a game this upcoming season, maybe then.  I doubt he had intentions the first time around and shouldn't have said he was retiring.

It's going to be like the boy who cried wolf.  Eventually, it will not be believed.  If Favre is going to retire, he should stay retired.

1. Laughing Mom profile image60
      Laughing Momposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Exactly what I was thinking.... Can't stay out of the limelight, and the contract with Wrangler just isn't cutting it for him.

4. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

I completely agree. In my opinion, there's nothing worse then an athelete who retires, comes back, retires etc.
    If you retire, stay retired. If you want to keep playing, don't retire. Simple, right?

5. 0
    jacobt2posted 7 years ago

he just needs to make up his mind. I think he should stay retired.

6. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 7 years ago

He should play.  I never cared to watch the Jets, but when he was starting I couldn't help but try and catch the games.  There is just something about watching him play the game that make me want to watch.

If he does come back and play for the Vikings, I'll watch more Viking games.

7. jcales profile image74
    jcalesposted 7 years ago

If you know you can still play well and compete...then play.

Do not play if you are only 50% to 70% of what you were. (like arm surgery)

Why wouldn't he get any joy from coaching is my question?

For some, it is a natural progression. It could be that younger generation players are not as thrilled every game to play and only think about finances.