That's Expensive

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 2 weeks ago

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1809 … fficiating

I listen to Kerr on the radio and love how refreshing he is when talkin with his ex teammate, Tom Tolbert.  He's absolutely right about traveling, but the NBA has been this way as long as I can remember.

1. kbdressman profile image93
      kbdressmanposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

As a 3rd degree black belt I spent many hours judging competitions.  It's not as easy as it looks and there are going to be a few missed calls.  However, a good judge is always open to correction and there are checks and balances in place to make sure that a judge isn't repeatedly making the same mistake.  If parents, friends, coaches, and the general public were freely allowed to yell at the judges and question calls nothing would get done towards completion of the tournament and judge burnout would be really high.  For that reason, I can see why there's a penalty, although $25,000 seems pretty step.  On the other hand, there should be a proper way to call attention to genuine concerns like this one appears to be, where it's a continuous problem and it effected the game score.  Not sure what the solution is, but it doesn't look like they've found it! Maybe more of a 3-strike rule?  You get to call attention to issues in a respectful manner twice, but the third one costs you? It'd allow a little more freedom of speech, but require coaches and players to pick their battles?

working