jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Pete Rose

1. RKHenry profile image80
    RKHenryposted 7 years ago

With all the steroids and drug use in baseball- why the hell is Pete Rose still banned from the Hall of Fame?  You got all these guys messing with the game, just like Pete did- and they get more money, play, and are admitted into the Hall of Fame.  But then here is Pete- one of the best players to have ever played the game- ousted for life.  I'm tired of double standards.  What is wrong with those people in baseball.  It's a darn shame and there is a real bad messages we are allowing to be sent here.  It just isn't right.  Anyone else?

1. 0
      jacobt2posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree with your opinion, you should check out my hub on it...

2. 60
      Urias K. Rimposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Steroid use and betting on your teams games are two different animals. The cardinal sin of baseball is betting on games, it's what almost destroyed the game after the 1919 World series, until, of course, Babe Ruth, home runs and the juiced ball of the '30's came along.
      Yes, steroid use did alter the game, but if fans think games are being flat out "fixed" and they start to wonder about the outcomes, it will irrevocably damage the integrity of the game like nothing else.
      Believe me, I loved the way Pete Rose played the game and I'll be forever grateful to him for willing the Phillies to win the 1980 World Series, but he doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame. And neither do Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, etc.

2. Capable Woman profile image79
    Capable Womanposted 7 years ago

100% agreed. I get really irate over the Pete Rose thing. He wouldn't apologize (at first) and he made a lot of people mad. Not fans but in baseball. So then it wasn't just about the betting, it was because he wouldn't bow down. And by the way, what's even wrong with betting as long as you're not betting AGAINST your team? I have never gotten that. Charlie Hustle belongs in the hall...every fan and every player knows it.

3. RKHenry profile image80
    RKHenryposted 7 years ago

I don't get it either.  But yet they let crack smokers, dopers and common criminals play and be in the baseball hall of fame, but not Pete.  It angers me.

4. 0
    jacobt2posted 7 years ago

I do think Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame and steroid users should not be, but what steroid users are in the Hall? Not Palmeiro, not McGwire... I can't think of any...

5. blondepoet profile image81
    blondepoetposted 7 years ago

I do not know who Pete Rose is, is he the son of Mr and Mrs Rose.

1. 60
      Urias K. Rimposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Pete Rose was a baseball player who was on the winning side in more games than any other player in the history of the sport. He was also on three World Series winners. He was a winner on the field, but a loser off it.

6. cindyvine profile image85
    cindyvineposted 7 years ago

Should we call him Rosie, Blonde?

7. blondepoet profile image81
    blondepoetposted 7 years ago

What do you mean Cindy? Who are we calling Rosie?