jump to last post 1-24 of 24 discussions (30 posts)

Who Will Win South Africa 2010 World Cup?

1. fierycj profile image85
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

First World Cup to be held in Africa. I should be there! Who'll carry the cup?

1. noserver profile image59
      noserverposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Netherland
      England
      German
      Brazil
      Argentina
      Spain

2. dipless profile image85
    diplessposted 7 years ago

I hope England and we are looking good in qualifiers, would be nice we havn't had it since 1966! But realistically i think maybe Spain or Brazil but who knows?

3. sschilke profile image81
    sschilkeposted 7 years ago

Spain has had a World Cup history of melting down, but this time I believe they are poised to win.  Their technical mastery is unparralled at this time.  Even Brazil, as skilled as they can be, do not play with the sophistication or tactical awareness of the current Spainish team.  Unless totall disaster strikes the squad (Spain) I do not see them losing.

sschilke

4. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

Is that for soccer?

5. dipless profile image85

Football to us Brits wink But yeah big_smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

oops ok sorry

1. dipless profile image85
        diplessposted 7 years ago in reply to this

no need to be sorry wink

6. Anti-Valentine profile image93
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

South Africa probably won't.

I'll go with England- my family live there.

7. cindyvine profile image87
    cindyvineposted 7 years ago

Cameroon.  I love their style of play.

fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's a good one. Cameroon. How about Nigeria? We have to qualify first, though. Tunisia Vs Nigeria on the 21st will decide who qualifies in the group. My fingers are crossed.

8. BristolBoy profile image82
    BristolBoyposted 7 years ago

As a proud Englishman my heart says England and I believe we possibly have as good a chance as we have had in recent years, plus for many players it will possibly be their last chance to win an international prize.  However my head says Spain will take some beating, and as always the two south American giants of Argentina and Brazil can never be discounted, along with Germany and Italy and possibly France.  Also South Africa as the hosts can't be discounted.  However, if I had to choose one team I would say Spain followed by Brazil, England, Germany and for some reason I feel America are in with a chance.

9. Sufidreamer profile image82
    Sufidreamerposted 7 years ago

I would have to say Greece or England!

Maybe it is time for an African team to win it - long overdue.

fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You got that right.

10. Sufidreamer profile image82
    Sufidreamerposted 7 years ago

The talent is certainly there smile

11. dipless profile image85

common ENGLAND big_smile

12. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

Ok well if Beckham was playing Id vote England..tongue
    If not Brazil smile

13. skmsports profile image60
    skmsportsposted 7 years ago

Brazil my fav :-)

14. dipless profile image85

I don't think realistically Beckham will be in the team next year, however he does keep surprising us smile

15. Kenty profile image59
    Kentyposted 7 years ago

may be china

16. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

I say it's going to be ME hehehe just kidding. I don't know but to all who are going to be there competiting I wish you all good luck!

1. Kenty profile image59
      Kentyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

can i make friend with you

17. awsydney profile image61
    awsydneyposted 7 years ago

Australia will beat England (hehe! and ouch!!) in the semi finals 3-1.

Brazil and Germany will be tied 2-2 after full time in the other semi finals but Brazil go through in penalty kicks 14-13.

So Australia will meet Brazil in the final. Tim Cahill scores the first goal in the 35th minute but Germany will level the score at the 41st minute (my crystal ball is not revealing the scorer yet) and Australia will bring on John Aloisi after Vince Grella gets injured in the 43rd minute.

Full time score 1-1 between Australia and Germany. Then Australia score the golden goal in the 3rd minute of extra time through John Aloisi and the Aussies win the World Cup...yaaaaaay!!! Aussie Aussie Aussie...Oi Oi Oi!!

18. JamesCurtis profile image59
    JamesCurtisposted 7 years ago

England? Seriously? I'd love it to be true but as long as I've been alive we have been no where near the best in the world. As to who will win it I have no idea...

19. JamesCurtis profile image59
    JamesCurtisposted 7 years ago

Although AW Sydney I'd love to see a World Cup final goal from Super Timmy Cahill - he's well on his way to being an Everton legend.

20. arunjain1989 profile image60
    arunjain1989posted 7 years ago

I would say Brazil or Spain

21. egiv profile image74
    egivposted 7 years ago

Haha I would be surprised to see England or Australia do so well, but who knows! As an American I want to use this summer's Confederations Cup (even though we lost to Brazil) to say that we have a shot, but as a soccer (football) fan I would have to lean towards Brazil. After beating Messi and the gang 3-1, it's tough to see them losing.

I'm all for a new winner though!

22. Dale Nelson profile image32
    Dale Nelsonposted 7 years ago

I'd love to see a Brazil England final go to extra time.

Can say the stadiums are near completion. Have one virtually outside my front door in Durban.

The debate in South Africa right now is if Fifa will allow the supporters to use the Vuvezelas or not. During the Confed cup, the din overcame alot of the players.

If they allow them, then I might have to go with an African country used to playing with the noise.

23. andromida profile image74
    andromidaposted 7 years ago

Brazil or maybe Argentina.

24. arun kuruvilla profile image64
    arun kuruvillaposted 7 years ago

Brazil and Brazil only!!

working