jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (18 posts)

why cricket is more popular than any other sports.

1. 59
    scorpio777posted 7 years ago

why cricket becomes most popular.most of the people in different countries are saying they only watch cricket than any other game .

is it good for other sports

2. Kmadhav profile image61
    Kmadhavposted 7 years ago

because it is game of uncertainities in the history of cricket many incidents happened recently Netherlands beat the england in opening ceremony match of T20 world cup in its own country. in 1999 world cup semifinal strong contender of world cup south africa tied their match against australia and australia won the world cup. You can't say that this team will win or this team will loose the match. Very interesting game........

3. BristolBoy profile image82
    BristolBoyposted 7 years ago

Although isn't the football world cup officially the most watched sporting event in the world (easily beating the Olympics, Twenty20, the Superbowl etc etc)?

1. Kmadhav profile image61
      Kmadhavposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Olympic association is also considering to include T20 cricket as official game in near olympics. America is also thinking to start tournament like IPL and ICL in its own country.

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

The guy must be from India or around, and never bothered to check what is going on outside his neck of woods smile

5. waynet profile image49
    waynetposted 7 years ago

I find cricket utterly boring....zzzzzz, all that fuss for hitting a ball around that could decapitate someone cos it's quite a hard ball them cricket balls, replace it with a tennis ball and now you are talking...I have a couple of tennis balls....

6. cashmere profile image84
    cashmereposted 7 years ago

Considering that India has the largest sports viewing population, and Cricket is the biggest craze that would account for its popularity.

1. BristolBoy profile image82
      BristolBoyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

But football is by far and away the most watched sport in south and central America, Europe, eastern Asia, south-east Asia and Africa.  It is also a relatively popular sport in the rest of the world egg Middle East, north America, India etc.

7. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

2011 Rugby World Cup...yayyyyyyy smile

p.s Does anyone know where online , I can watch rugby ,pleeeeease, I know England are due to play New Zealand soon, should be a brilliant game !!!smile

Superbowl ,well I gotta give a awesome hip hip horray for the Pittsburgh Steelers!!!...they rock ,if we just could get them signed up for the AB's lol lol

Cricket um like watching paint dry , the one day series not so bad...and yea India does well

8. apeksha profile image60
    apekshaposted 7 years ago

coz 1 ball and 22 stupid follows it...

9. boberto profile image60
    bobertoposted 7 years ago

Im sorry but that is rubbish.

Cricket has to be one of the most overrated sports of all time.

It is boring to watch and there are much more exciting sports out there for example soccer!!

Soccer is the best sport in the World today!!

10. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

Probably just depends on what your own country promotes most of.

If you grow up being taught the sport your parents learned or

communities play/learn the most ,then chances are thats what

becomes popular.

Judging by the Olympics from an International Perspective ,

Maybe its "Athletics" smile

However some countries do excell in Team Sports

Ice-Hockey?..Sweden ,Finland ,Canada , Russia, Pittsburg Penguins ( not sure
    Rugby-New Zealand

I just know everyone will agree with my list lol

11. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

How dare you to forget Russia on your ice-hockey list! smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

said I wasnt sure ,lol...there edited...hehe smile

12. helenathegreat profile image86
    helenathegreatposted 7 years ago

The Czech Republic obviously has the world's best hockey team.  Okay, maybe not as recently, but that's only because the U.S. has been stealing all of their greatest players and keeping them for ourselves.  big_smile

13. cindyvine profile image84
    cindyvineposted 7 years ago

Eaglekiwi, just wrote a hub about rugby today as I am a rugby nut!  Have a cool pic of Daniel carter.  I watch rugby online, watched all the super 14 games.  hey France thrashed the All Blacks last week.  I seriously think the Springboks will thrash the lions tomorrow.  Okay, to watch online, go to www.myp2p.eu and then look at the toolbar at the top, go to live sports, then click other and ALL the rugby games come up.  I watch on media player!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Awesome thanks Cindy!!!...Ha France, no matter should have given the AB's a good boil up with real meat in it..lol
      hey how was ya send off, drinkies and food  .....awww. you gonna be busy no doubt...thanks for the link! smile
      must read ya hub , hey I used to work for Farmers (NZ)and they had this lifelike cardboard of Dan wearing undies ..big promotion ,the daks I mean , anyway I looked up over my custard square one day to see him outside managements door in the flesh , hell I had yellow custard dropping off my chin , not exactly my most bootiful moment lol

14. 60
    aroidsposted 7 years ago

criket beating the olympics?...at what?  there's nothing that can match the olympics.  Barrack Obama, the president of brazil, the crown prince of japan, the PM of spain are all going to copehagen norway to bid for thier respective country's chances of hosting the 2016 summer olympics.

the olympics cost upward of $ 20 billions US to host. The beijing olympics has been the most watch live event in history.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ … 256063.ece

the most watched event in American history are all olympics.

the olympics is in a league of its own. and soccer is next.

the head of criket is begging the olympics to include it as an olympic sport.