college football....BCS or Playoffs.

1. 61
    usmarine35976posted 7 years ago

OK, first off I know that it has been done to death.  The NCAA has yet to do the right thing. We have seen how horrible the BCS is and how it can be nothing more than a popularity contest. How about letting us see how great or how horrible a playoff system can be?  What about a plus one system? Why is it that the NCAA will not budge ont this issue? All other sports in the NCAA is in a playoff system.  You have the NCA College Baseball World Series, NCAA Basketball Tourny, Golf, for goodness sake Golf has a playoff system, only it's called "making the cut". Why can we not let the football teams play until elimination.  I just don't think it's fair to let conferences that never have a true "champion" (i.e. Big Ten, Pac-10, and etc.) win the "BCS National Championship". If you are a true champion, play who you have to play and win when you have to win. 

Thoughts and comments would be great, thanks.

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I do agree somewhat on the "popularity contest" statement, but since the SEC has done so well the last few years I really can't complain too much.  Yes, most fans would love a playoff scenario which would let us enjoy the drama a little longer and
      fairer ranking by the powers that be.  I think it only is a matter of time before some playoff system is implemented, but it may be a "long" time.

GO DAWGS