jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Who will be the surprise team this NFL Season?

1. davewalkerman99 profile image60
    davewalkerman99posted 7 years ago

There are a number of teams I think can surprise us. The Bengals and Chiefs are my two picks. I think both defenses will be better and having a top notch starting quarterback in the lineup will help the offenses. Watch for both Cedric Benson and Larry Johnson to have big seasons.

2. frankiectlus profile image60
    frankiectlusposted 7 years ago

The Seattle Seahawks are once again being proclaimed done and over again.  Just because we had one season of never ending injuries, the critics want to banish us back to our past teams of ineptitude.  The Seahawks will again rise and make a case for representing the NFC in the Super Bowl!

3. dohn121 profile image88
    dohn121posted 7 years ago

I gotta pick my Giants, just so long as Eli finds a non-Plaxico target, the sky's the limit.  He's got a lot of targets but needs consistency from his receiving corp.  They can't run the ball every play...

4. drummer boy profile image60
    drummer boyposted 7 years ago

I would have to say the Kansas City Chiefs however I do not think they will go all the way this year.  They should be a fun team though as they have made the biggest changes in my opinion to improve themselves.

5. yoshi97 profile image88
    yoshi97posted 7 years ago

I pick the Detroit Lions, as any win this year will be a surprise. However, we may all be surprised by the Lions, as many down and out teams have bounced back to become viable playoff teams . smile

6. dohn121 profile image88
    dohn121posted 7 years ago

I'd like to pick the San Francisco 49ers for my brother in law.  Those guys should have won the NFC West last year, NOT the Cardinals...However, I doubt that they (Frisco) would have made it to the Super Bowl.  Everyone loves an underdog right?  C'mon, I was scared out of my mind Super Bowl 42 (Giants vs. Patriots).  I just wanted them to win after getting smacked around by the Baltimore Ravens in 2001.

7. davewalkerman99 profile image60
    davewalkerman99posted 7 years ago

I agree about the Seahawks. They just don't strike me as a surprise since last year they had so many injuries.

8. Drew Breezzy profile image82
    Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago

houston texans never made a playoff appearance

I expect they will cause a few heads to turn this season

I say they made it this year

9. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

The Chicago Bears.  All the moves the Bears made in an off-season of unprecedented aggressiveness have combined to make this a Super Bowl-or-bust season. And now we really do have quality quarterback in Cutler.

10. drummer boy profile image60
    drummer boyposted 7 years ago

the Bears could have a good chance this year and you are right Cutler should make a big difference