jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Vince Carter, Jameer Nelson and Dwight Howard

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image33
    fishskinfreak2008posted 7 years ago

Is it conceivable that Carter, Nelson and Howard could become the latest "Big 3" and lead the Orlando Magic back to the NBA Finals in 2010?

2. Bruce Bostwick profile image72
    Bruce Bostwickposted 7 years ago

I'm not so sure.  It is possible no question about it.  I just don't see it but who knows.  Vince Carter has never been to the finals and has not been there in the biggest games possible.  I think by losing Turkoglu, it hurts the Magic but keeps them in the running in the Eastern Conference.

fishskinfreak2008posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Turkoglu is stupid and only looking for money. Why is he going to the Raptors? Chris Bosh is the only good player there now. He should have gone somewhere like San Antonio as Tim Duncan is nearing the end of his playing days.

1. Drew Breezzy profile image82
        Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Turkoglu deserves the money the magic should have locked him up.

2. blue dog profile image80
        blue dogposted 7 years ago in reply to this

he was somewhere like san antonio a few years back, he played wihout passion at that time.  as anyone who's watched duncan's career knows, if you're gonna be on the court beside him you better bring along your passion and meaning and conviction game.  if memory serves correctly, he left s.a. for the same reason he's left just about every team he's played for.

3. illminatus profile image88
    illminatusposted 7 years ago

Dwight Howard is an average center with no posts moves, Vince Carter is 3 years past his prime and Jameer Nelso shoots to much and is too small. They are far from a cohesive unit.

fishskinfreak2008posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Dwight Howard is only AVERAGE? He gets around 20 points, 20 rebounds and almost 3 blocks. Even Shaq didn't do that in his heyday. And Shaq is a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame. And Dwight is only 24.

1. Drew Breezzy profile image82
        Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Dwight needs to learn to make clutch free throws.

1. blue dog profile image80
          blue dogposted 7 years ago in reply to this

exactly.  and until he can start making them, he should lose the "superman" b.s.

4. jcales profile image72
    jcalesposted 7 years ago

Turkoglu should have stayed put. They be awesome. Hell, they were the #1 team when Jameer wasn't hurt. They beat all the top teams.  Jameer was unstoppable. 

Turkoglu left for money. He was an 11 year Pro and still needs to make more money?
    What. maybe an extra 5 to $10 Mil to pad to your already $30 to $40Mil earnings.

I guess he knew the squad was not capable of winning a title so why not leave. That is what LeBron should do

Has Carter ever made a team cohesive? No.

Like Ron Artest said, "if you can't live on $16Mil for the rest of your life something is wrong."

5. dc2004 profile image60
    dc2004posted 7 years ago

I don't think that Carter is able to be part of anyones "big 3" anymore.  I think that their "big 3" is more likely to be Howard, Nelson, and Lewis.  Healthy Celtics, Mad Lebron & the Cavs, or Upstart Bulls, are going to make it hard for Orlando to get back to the finals.

working