jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Guess who's gonna be the next NBA champions next season!

1. mwaky profile image60
    mwakyposted 7 years ago

Ok, Im a big basketball fan and I want to know from other hubbers think which team will win the next championship next season?

2. dc2004 profile image60
    dc2004posted 7 years ago

I think its going to be the Spurs.  For the first time in many years their big three are getting a lot of rest, getting bounced early in the playoffs and no big international events is getting them the rest they missed in the past.  Also they've picked up a few players that should fit in nicely, namely Richard Jefferson.

1. blue dog profile image79
      blue dogposted 7 years ago in reply to this

they certainly started the off-season with a bang, adding mcdyess as well.  add in rj and we've suddenly taken some of the rebounding responsibilities off of duncan's aging shoulders.  the rookie blair has been impressive in early showings.

there is a combination of two things that will keep the spurs from winning the title: keeping matt bohner on the roster along with pop's penchant for giving him too much quality playing time.  as i have repeatedly suggested to management (they never listen), the guy can't play defense, he's too slow, and he was the team's biggest choker last season.  but the fans love to see the sight of his red hair (must have something to do with the psychology of color) as he lumbers up and down the court.  he has little trade value.  it's obvious that the spurs have their albatross. get rid of him, and the two things disappear.  at the very least, park his butt at the end of the bench and keep it there.  with the new acquisitions and barring any injuries to key components, hopefully this will happen.

3. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

I think it will be me... HAHAHA lol

4. dc2004 profile image60
    dc2004posted 7 years ago

well...I hope that works out for you

5. dc2004 profile image60
    dc2004posted 7 years ago

Isn't Bohner a forward?  I would think with the additions you mentioned, and I agree Blair was a nice pick, he should be fighting to make the team let alone playing very much