jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Soccer, soccer, soccer.

1. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

Am I the only soccer mom here on the Hub pages?

I'm really tired of soccer right now.  The year round play, two different teams, and try-outs.

Wish he'd practice his trumpet as much as he plays with that soccer ball.

Glad he is in it though, keeps him off the streets big_smile

2. Joelle Burnette profile image84
    Joelle Burnetteposted 7 years ago

Sorry Jane, but I hate soccer. Not soccer moms, per se, just soccer. My mom made me play it when I was in middle school and it was a nightmare; terrible coach who favored his daughter and was a bastard to others.

I'm so glad my son is on swim team. Not as many weekend meets as other sports, great kids, nice parents.

3. lrohner profile image86
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

No, Jane, you're not alone. I'm a former soccer mom. For years, I juggled (between my 3 kids) six soccer teams (school and town), two football teams and a roller hockey team. Oh, let's not forget basketball! Oh, and I was a single parent. It was constant driving and spectating and cheering...

Don't get down about it. It is good for the kids. My kids are all older now, but they are totally happy about their soccer days. And two of them still play in adult leagues.

Who knows...one of your kids may get a scholarship from it!

4. BrianFanslau profile image60
    BrianFanslauposted 7 years ago

I loved soccer when I was growing up but I know it stressed my mom out. I had the opportunity to play for Florida but decided to start a Film Production Company instead when I was 17 with some friends.

I never will know what could have been but my mom breathed a sigh of relief since she didn't have to fly from Minnesota to Florida to see me play and visit.

5. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

I loved soccer. I played until I was 16. My brother and sister played as well. And my dad coached smile At one point all three of us were playing. I played mostly rec though, which isn't the headache school and travel teams can be. No try-outs, just practice and Saturday games. I loved it smile

6. tksensei profile image60
    tksenseiposted 7 years ago

It seems the only place for soccer in the US is really as a game for little kids.

7. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

Sorry about the whine.  He loves it!  I'm sure once fall league & MS play begins, I'll be ready to go watch 3-4 games a week.

8. goodfriendiam profile image60
    goodfriendiamposted 7 years ago

Me does not like soccer, my son was in it for two straight years, and he finally said I don't like soccer mommy and all the running, I said me neither, me neither....lol

9. fierycj profile image85
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

Soccer mums are supposed to be really hot! wink*whispers by the side* hate the word 'soccer' makes it sound like a girl's game!