jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Next insult for Kobe: Can he win it without (Derek) Fisher?

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image32
    fishskinfreak2008posted 7 years ago

Well, after their 2009 title win, Kobe has proved that he CAN INDEED win without Shaq, but here's a new insult for him: can he win one without FISHER? ALL 4 OF HIS TITLES (1999-2000, 2000-01, 2001-02, 2008-09)have come with Fisher as his tag team partner in the Lakers' backcourt.

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 7 years ago

Did Fisher leave the Lakers?  Missed that if he did.

3. dc2004 profile image61
    dc2004posted 7 years ago

I don't think Fisher left the Lakers but the concern is that he is starting to show his age, I'm not sure he can be a big time contributer on a Championship team anymore.  I think the bigger question is can Kobe win without Ariza.  After Kobe he probably was their most important player in the playoffs.

4. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

The better question is: Can he surive a season with Artest?

5. dc2004 profile image61
    dc2004posted 7 years ago

Ya thats gonna be fun to watch the fireworks

6. Paul Edmondson profile image

Artest is one of the toughest competitors in the NBA.  He dribbles and holds the ball too much sometimes, but I think he's an improvement over Ariza.  Bynum should be better this year as well.  I think the Lakers are an improved team.  As long as they stay healthy they should take on Shaq and Lebron in the finals.  Ooooh.  That will be good.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Artest is a head case that will blow this team up.

7. Paul Edmondson profile image

As long as he doesn't chase fans into the stands and remembers to take care of his dogs, he'll be fine.

There's a big difference in carrying a team and contributing at a high level.  In the NBA, the drive to win is so big.  Artest has this in spades.  He's just never been part of a team to do it.

With a veteran Laker squad, he'll be an asset.

Laker fans really don't understand what just happened to them.  The Detroit incident was only the most publicized of his blowups.  The Ron Artest Show plays 24/7/365 and ALWAYS wears down the team he plays for.  He is a freaking disaster.

1. dohn121 profile image88
        dohn121posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Phil Jackson had to contend with Dennis Rodman for 3 years...If Phil can deal with Rodman and win championships, I'm confident he can deal with Artest.

New Orleans was able to deal with thunderstorms too......

Artest is Katrina

1. dohn121 profile image88
            dohn121posted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol

working