jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

How do I hit a golf shot off the grass?

1. Ms Main profile image61
    Ms Mainposted 7 years ago

I'm kind of new to the wonderful game (or so I am told) of golf.  Now I go to the driving range on a regular basis and have mastered the golf shot from the mat.  But hey, what do you know, put me on a course and I cannot for the life of me hit a clean shot from the grass.  Can someone please tell me where I'm going wrong?

1. kmackey32 profile image80
      kmackey32posted 7 years ago in reply to this

hmm not I.. I really hate golf as my step father when I was a kid made me play it. I hated to be forced to do things. Hopefully someone else can answer this for ya... smile But hmm logically I would think hit the ball on the bottom with the club really hard. It should go someplace. lol

2. 0
      ralwusposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ya ain't holdin yer tongue right.

2. 61
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

Lol why not go to a golf website and ask for advice on how to write then come back and I will tell ya, I got it down to a tee smile

3. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

I have not mastered getting the ball off the mat yet! I usually try to hit under the ball and take a bit of grass with it! smile

4. wesleycox profile image82
    wesleycoxposted 7 years ago

Badco said it best.  Use a friggin tee.

5. tahmmie profile image60
    tahmmieposted 7 years ago

You can use a tee on the grass only if it is your first shot on that particular hole. You cannot use a tee on any other shot. There could many reasons why you are having trouble. Maybe you are taking your eye off the ball when swinging your club. I would get someone to watch you, they could give you a better idea of what you are doing wrong.

6. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

I Always suggest to New players that to break the habit of using a mat (or security blanket) they tee off with a driver.

Always play the ball on the fairway with a putter...
    Always se a snorkel in the water hazard...
    And Always putt on the greens with a sand wedge.

The rest of the game will quickly fall into shape for you if you:
    Always yell "Fore" when your opponents are teeing off.

Glad I could help lol

7. mattd365 profile image61
    mattd365posted 7 years ago

I can teach you how to make really big divots in the grass. I sure wish I new how to play golf.It's kinda weird I love to watch it on TV, most of my friends think it's boring.