jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Is Usain Bolt amazing or what

1. dc2004 profile image61
    dc2004posted 7 years ago

The man set another world record running the 200 in 19.19 seconds. wow

1. Lady_E profile image82
      Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

He is and I love the way he bolts down the tracks. He certainly uses those long legs to his advantage...

2. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Absolutely. Watched him run. I have a hub about him somewhere, on my laptop. Would have been a good idea to actually publish it huh? smile

3. dc2004 profile image61
    dc2004posted 7 years ago

He really is a joy to watch so effortless and having so much fun...I'm jealous

4. Dave Manors profile image59
    Dave Manorsposted 7 years ago

Yeah. And apparently when he ran the 200m he was tired from the 100m! Have you heard he's aiming to get the 100m world record down to 9.4 seconds? That's insane!

5. dc2004 profile image61
    dc2004posted 7 years ago

it really is crazy but do you doubt the guy will do it?

6. BristolBoy profile image82
    BristolBoyposted 7 years ago

I saw on UK news about a kid from a Carribean nation (don't think it was Jamaica though).  Apparently despite being only about 10 or 12 or something he is already fast, and if he progresses as would be expected he would be much faster than Bolt!  However, it is probably unlikely that he will beat Bolt as he is just so amazing.

1. 0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

BristolBoy, imagine how crazy our kids are about football at school. Actually, imagine how crazy Brazilian kids are about football..... that is running in Jamaica. Every kid wants to be a runner, every school has a ramshackle running track.... I saw a documentary about it on some obscure channel, Bolt is hero worshipped like Pele was in Brazil.... there will be better runners that Bolt emerging - and all of them will state Bolt as their hero.

I guess that Jamaica will now long be to running what Brazil has been to footy!

The best thing is that there is absolutely no cheating culture in Jamaican athletics, they despise performance enhancers more than any other country.... and that is fantastic for athletics; where you go from a situation where you have to drug yourself to win - to having somebody that cant be caught no matter what you took.

7. Dave Manors profile image59
    Dave Manorsposted 7 years ago

Absolutely not. It's just out of this world. When he beats it (and it is "when", not "if") it'll be something else.

8. dc2004 profile image61
    dc2004posted 7 years ago

I can't wait to see it happen.
    Bristol as amazing as Bolt is there always seems to be someone who comes a long that is just a little bit better

9. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 7 years ago

Unbelievable.  After watching the 100 and now this.  I never thought I'd see someone run this fast.  What's next?  When will someone break nine seconds in the 100 and 19 in the 200?

10. earnestshub profile image86
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

I am amazed that he can get that much body off the line like that! The guy is a walking miracle.