jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Now that most bowl games are almost over...

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 9 years ago

I'll take USC and Georgia as the two best teams in the country.  The one big surprise was Michigan beating Florida.

1. Steven Gomez profile image86
      Steven Gomezposted 9 years ago in reply to this

The top division of college football eventually needs to adapt an 8 team playoff.  You have too many great teams that have a legitimate claim to the national title, and a playoff would put much of the skepticism to rest once and for all.

2. profile image0
    randyjklodzposted 9 years ago

lsu looked pretty snazzy in the championship game...

3. elisabeth reid profile image76
    elisabeth reidposted 9 years ago

But they thrive on the dissention.   It stirs discussion and argument and keeps loyalties alive year after year.  Without all the debate and argument and dissatisfaction, you'd have...well...it just wouldn't be the same.  Conversation about college football would pretty much stop in January every year.

THEN where would we be?

Oh...yeah...looking ahead to March and the Madness that comes with it.

big_smile

4. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 9 years ago

I'm sure everyone would find something else to complain about.  I'm all for an eight team playoff.

5. elisabeth reid profile image76
    elisabeth reidposted 9 years ago

Oh, don't get me wrong...I think it'd be a great idea.  Get rid of the 8,000 bowl games and just have a playoff series.  I'm usually sick to death of football by, oh -- late June.

It just ain't gonna happen.  Ever.  Plus the bowl bids bring the schools too much $$$.  The bowl system is going to continue for a long, long time.

working