WWE's (World Wrestling Entertainment) New Competition: TNA

1. 0
    Mick Murdockposted 7 years ago

This is my first pro wrestling writing topic here on HubPages.

For those of you who remember the "glory days" of pro wrestling, yet aren't familiar with the sport anymore, allow me to give you all some updates on how World Wrestling Entertainment, (WWE), is doing now.

The first update is this: as some of you may know, WWE is no longer known as the "WWF" (World Wrestling Federation). Apparently, a British wildlife company known as the World Wildlife Fund had sued the WWE for stealing their phrase. The WWE dropped the "F" from "WWF" in mid-2003. Personally, I didn't like the new change at first, but now I'm used to it. What do you all think?

But the MAIN update that I'm trying to give you all in this topic is this: for those of you who don't know, WWE now has a new rival wrestling company that's battling WWE in the television ratings. It's called Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, otherwise known as TNA. Like WWE's old rival company World Championship Wrestling (WCW), which is now out-of-business, TNA is now like, shall we say, the "new" WCW. And unlike WWE and WCW, TNA is the first wrestling company ever to have not a squared-shaped-ring, but a hexagonal-shaped-ring. Very unique, huh?

Today, WWE and TNA, despite the US's bad economic state, are doing just fine. WWE is still the first-rated wrestling company in the world, but TNA is now in second place. 

So the main question now is the same question everyone had during the old TV ratings war between WWE and WCW: which company will beat the other in the TV ratings, WWE or TNA? And if one of them should win the ratings, will the loser company face bankruptcy? Only you and me, the TV viewers, will decide that when we make up our minds on which show we like the best.

Here's an update on the current WWE and TNA Heavyweight Champions. WWE has 2 heavyweight champions beacuse the company is divided into two TV show brands: Raw and SmackDown. Some of you may not know these wrestlers, but that's okay, it's nothing to worry about. Just thought I'd let you all know who the current champions are:
    WWE Champion - Randy Orton (Raw Brand)
    WWE World Heavyweight Champion - CM Punk (SmackDown Brand)
    TNA World Heavyweight Champion - Kurt Angle (TNA)

2. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image82
    BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 7 years ago

Questioning which will prevail is a good one. TNA started out being some really small venue in Universal Studios and tickets were free. Now they are branching out and becoming really big. I personally love both promotions. Have you noticed how many former WWE wrestlers are signing with TNA when their contract is up? AJ Styles is one of the best break-through wrestlers of his time. Only time can tell who will come out on top. Since history does tend to repeat itself, it will probably be old reliable WWE.