jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Pete Carroll Falcons Coach?

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 8 years ago

Why would he want this job?  He is about one more great year from dynasty status and coaching in the pros is much different than college where he gets 20 first round picks every year.

1. bBerean profile image59
      bBereanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Okay, I couldn't resist.  Looking through old, unanswered threads I spotted this and knew the headline would raise an eyebrow from anyone following football, (considering Pete is now enjoying a high level of success with another NFL team). 

It takes a lot for a team like Seattle to get much coverage nationally, but it looks like this might be the year they become one of those who are hard to ignore.  What are your thoughts about Pete Carroll and the Seahawks????

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 2 years ago

They are one of the top teams in the league.  The NCAA was pretty tough on USC (compared to Miami).  Pete seems to be doing an incredible job in Seattle.  If he has one thing, it's incredible energy.  BTW, pretty sweet comeback this weekend for the Seahawks.

1. bBerean profile image59
      bBereanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The last two games for the Hawks have not been pretty wins, but this last one really reveals the good and bad for the team.  They are short some key players, due to injuries, and still managed a recovery from a 21 point deficit for a win.  Great game for Pete, because it really showcased strengths and weaknesses for them to build or work on, without putting a mark in the loss column.  One thing it exemplifies is the team's "never say die" attitude. 

I have not followed the Buccaneers at all, and know they made changes prior to this game, including quarter back, but I must say Sunday's performance was not at all consistent with their standing.  It was a pretty impressive showing, really.   Too little, too late, for them, no doubt.  Still, it may bode well for them next year, if they can somehow manage to stay positive and work on improving the rest of this season.

3. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 2 years ago

At the risk of sounding like a jerk, am I the only one that finds it kind of funny that Pete Carroll suddenly decided to coach in the pros on a whim just as the investigation on USC was getting more intense?  Also doesn't it also seem rather odd that USC hired someone who I remember ESPN saying had zero head coaching credentials going into the job.  I mean you'd think a prestigious school like usc at the time would've wanted someone more experienced, yet coincidentally after the new guy was hired, it was then that the ncaa caught usc for paying it's players. 

I mean it almost seems like Pete Carroll knew all about players on were usc taking money from boosters, and got the heck out of dodge before he could get caught; while leaving some other guy to take the fall.

Don't get me wrong, I would never accuse anyone of anything without any proof, but you have to admit that looks very suspicious if you ask me.