jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Dose Tiger Woods get a rival?

1. 60
    tina.posted 7 years ago

Golf is still Tiger Woods and everyone else. It seems that he still doesn't have a rival, only occasional lapses````

"To play as well as I have of late and not get the Ws has been a little frustrating, no doubt, because I've been so close," Woods said Sunday after blowing away the field at the BMW Championship. "It's just been a matter of making a couple putts here and there and I would have won the tournaments.

"That," he said very matter-of-factly, "is all the difference it was."

golf deal, r9driver

2. HubTub profile image86
    HubTubposted 7 years ago

Is the first word of your topic "Does" by any chance?  I don't understand what you are trying to convey.

1. 60
      tina.posted 7 years ago in reply to this

What I mean is whether he has rivals```,sorry about the wrong typing.

3. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

I think it's true what Tiger says, a lot in life is about focusing and practicing just a little bit more than your opponents.  That's true of Tiger Woods, Lance Armstrong, heck anybody who's really good in their field.

4. 0
    Madame Xposted 7 years ago

Yes, he does. I think Tiger's great but there have been some noteworthy contenders lately. Angel Cabrera comes to mind, for one.

5. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

I think it's great when there's contenders.  It gets everybody to up their game and makes for really exciting play.  Cabrera's background is great reading and makes you want to root for him.

6. 0

I agree. And I noticed that Tiger's on the leader board a lot less these days. I still think he's great though - but I like to see the other guys give him a real run for his money.

7. 0
    C.J.Richey121posted 7 years ago

I think there are people that occasionally give Tiger a run for his money but there isn't one person that continuously plays well.  Phil Mickelson used to be Tiger's "rival" and I think golf was most popular when Mickelson was at his prime.  It would be nice to see someone other than Tiger play well consistently.

8. 0

I like Phil - it wouldn't be half as fun watching without Phil.