jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Hall of fame

1. 59
    matsplat15posted 7 years ago

Do u think pete rose should be allowed into the hall of fame after betting on baseball and lying about it for 20 years

1. Cagsil profile image84
      Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The only thing that should be measured, when it comes to whether or not, you consider him a Hall of Famer?

His work he did during his time in baseball. Everything else, including the banning of him, should be dismissed.

Sure, he bet on his team......to WIN! He didn't bet on them to lose, like a fighter taking a dive.

So, there really shouldn't be a problem. He was confident enough to place a bet on them winning. That's a little arrogant, but not wrong.

He IS a Hall of Famer and NEEDS to be in the Hall!

2. jsaeger profile image61
      jsaegerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There was a problem though he bet on the game and that is explicitly against the rules of Major League Baseball.  On the door/wall of every clubhouse there's a plaque with certain rules on it and that's one of them.  It's not that I don't think he wasn't a hall of famer, but he screwed that up himself.  No one else made him bet on baseball.

1. 59
        matsplat15posted 7 years ago in reply to this

You are absoulty right my friend he had a choice. He made a bad choice which has prolly screwed up his chance of being a hall of famer

3. stealthystitcher profile image61
      stealthystitcherposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No, Pete Rose should not be in the Hall of Fame.  Neither should Mark Macguire, or Barry Bonds, or Alex Rodriguez, or Manny Ramirez, or Roger Clemens.  Baseball has not cleaned up its act, and it is a travesty.  The whole problem began when Bart Giamatti died, Fay Vincent took over, then Fay Vincent resigned.  Baseball then picked an owner to run the league.  It turned into making money and that was it.  Roger Maris still holds the homerun record, Jim Rice made it in (at last), and that is how it should be...  I just talked to my husband about starting a Hall of Fame with the real, honest baseball players and the real honest records with none of the steroid, cheating and other nonsense. Amen.

4. 0
      sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes,with a huge asterix explaining how he defamed himself and the game. Pulling no punches.

2. 0
    A Texanposted 7 years ago

He should be in the Hall of Fame!

1. 0
      mtsi1098posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree

3. E. R. Root profile image60
    E. R. Rootposted 7 years ago

I do believe that Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame. Just like I also believe that Big Mac, Barry Bonds and one day Alex Rodriguez should also belong there. Pete was a terror with the bat. His off field antics were poor judgement at best. It goes back to the thought that these guys are human and not perfect.