jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

Go Yankees

1. wavegirl22 profile image46
    wavegirl22posted 7 years ago

Such magic around this time of the baseball season . .anyone else feel it. . .? I know I did when I saw Reggie Jackson walk our onto the field tonight. . and man he looked good wink

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 7 years ago in reply to this

There is just something about Yankee stadium, even the new one, the Hot Dogs even taste gormet!

it is a fun time to watch and be a fan/kid again

2. dohn121 profile image88
      dohn121posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Can't sleep yet, as I'm still in a state of EUPHORIA over the Yankees big_smile  One more game and we play the Halos!  If Mark Texiera doesn't win MVP, I'll have zero confidence in MLB!

wavegirl22posted 7 years ago in reply to this

what a win . . . when you got it you got it and all you can hope is you keep giving it! Tex is sure one to watch . . . all I can say is GO YANKEES!

2. profile image0
    Maximus591posted 7 years ago

Those damn Yankees are too lucky for their own good.

I've got my fingers crossed they've used up all their mojo.

Enjoy it now boys, the good times are about to end!

Luck is when opportunity knocks and you answer. . . seems the Yanks are pretty damn good at answering.....

Luck is preperation, knowledge and tallent comming togeather when an oppertunity presents itself. and The Yankees know how to do that very well...

But it could Be Yanks and Dogers...watch out for Torri's revenge..? Ya never know!

1. profile image0
          Maximus591posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Luck certainly favours those who are best prepared. Altho, some may argue there is no such thing as luck.

Whatever the Yankees have had going in the favour - luck, mojo, talent, preparation - there is still a built-in limitation. It has to end soon, or at least balance itself out... the Angels series could prove quite interesting.

3. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

Well they are in the dome tonight.  Sadly its 2-0 in favor of the Yankees.  I'm still disappointed about their decision for the first game, the Twins didn't even get a 24 hour turn around.

Those Yankees could be delayed going home tomorrow, with the winter storm warning and all! (giggles)

The Twins are young, they'll be back! smile

4. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 7 years ago

Alex Rodriguez has been a poor playoff performer in the past.  If they are going to beat the Angels, he's going to have to stay hot.

Go Angels!

1. dohn121 profile image88

I gotta say that ever since A-Rod got a divorce, he's been fine in the clutch.  Right now, he's dating Kate Hudson and that seems to be working out okay.  However, Mark Texiera is the best thing that has ever happened to him as a Yankee and vice-versa.  These guys just feed off of each other and are in impossible to pitch around...Seriously, who would you rather walk?  Pick your poison I say...

The Angels are going to be tough...The Yankees will definitely have to win their first two games at home and then win 2 out of 3 in Los Angeles.  I think I'll have a heart attack if this series goes to Game 7 yikes

With that said, Yankees in 5 big_smile

5. dohn121 profile image88
    dohn121posted 7 years ago

Finally!  The Yankees are playing again tomorrow after a 4-day hiatus!  Going back to what I said: Yankees in 5 big_smile  I'm gonna need a Yaegermeister for company if it goes to game 6 or 7 big_smile

I'm with ya, I'll say same; Yanks in 5!

Yanks rule, Angels druel!

1. dohn121 profile image88

Yankees Win 4-1!

tongue cool and what a pretty win it was tongue cool

6. dohn121 profile image88
    dohn121posted 7 years ago

Tonight is the night A.J. Burnett has to shine.  He's been shaky at best and needs to keep his control not to mention his composure.  The only way he's gonna win tonight is if he gets an early lead.  He has to pitch at least 6 and 2/3 of an inning and then let Coke, Aceves, and Mo take it from there.

I don't mean to blow the whistle, but Game 2 is huge for the Yankees.  If Burnett can get first-pitch strikes early and often he will win.  "Como el Dulce" better not have a good game!

working