jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (30 posts)

Should the NFL allow Rush Limbaugh to buy the Rams?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

Some players have already stated publicly that they would refuse to play for a team in which Rush was a shareholder.  Do the players have a right to decide who can own a team?

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No, they are to be entertainers, that is the extent of their power!

2. dohn121 profile image86
      dohn121posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Here's the deal: If you don't want someone specific to buy your team, don't put it up for sale.  The players don't have a right as to who owns the team...They can however gripe about it and pull a Braylon Edwards or a Jeremy Shockey or a host of others until they get traded.  But only marquee players can do this.  The little guys would be smart to just keep their mouths shut, so long as they get paid.

3. tksensei profile image60
      tksenseiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No, but they can go play somewhere else or not at all. That would be a pretty stupid reason to walk away from a pro contract and I don't think any one of them would actually do so.

Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Of course it won't come down to that.  The NFL is not ever going to allow Rush in and he knows it.  His goal as always is to create a controversy to drive more dimwits to his program.

2. Cry Havok profile image61
    Cry Havokposted 7 years ago

The Rams are awful, Rush Limbaugh is awful... it seems like a perfect match. But I think the players totally have the right to refuse to play for a Rush Limbaugh team. Nobody can force Ben Folds to play somewhere he doesn't want to... same with football players.

3. manlypoetryman profile image72
    manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago

What do we care what bunch of NFL playing whiners got to say. I've heard enough whiners from pro-players to last a lifetime. I wish the rest of the planet got away with as much lame excuses as they do! They play football for a living...go out run the ball...catch the ball...drive it down the field...if you get hurt get back up again...Geez...what a bunch of whiners...look at how much they get paid...for crying pete's sake? What does it matter who they play for...I hope he buys them and sends the whiners packing!

4. Len Cannon profile image86
    Len Cannonposted 7 years ago

Oh, God, please let him. It would be a scream.  I'm sure he wouldn't lower himself to having a black quarterback.

5. R.Edwards profile image78
    R.Edwardsposted 7 years ago

....I was gonna offer my input but after this guy ^^^ I'll refrain.

6. Michael Willis profile image76
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

Guess they could change the Hank Williams song to fit the new name of the Rams.
    "Are you Ready for Some Limbaugh?"

1. manlypoetryman profile image72
      manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60

Nice

7. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 7 years ago

I hope he buys them.  Rams, you should have stayed in LA.  now you're going to be owned by Limbaugh. LOL.

8. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 7 years ago

Sure! Why not?

9. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

Why should a bunch of players get upset if Limbaugh buys the Rams? It's stupid to politicize everything.

10. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 7 years ago

Oh they say they will, but they'll still go wherever the money tree grows higher!

1. profile image0

Thats what entertainers do.

11. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

Looks like Rush will have to park his millions elsewhere

yahoo article

12. Play Free Games profile image59
    Play Free Gamesposted 7 years ago

If the NFL doesn't, then they look closely at the life and past flaws of the other owners.
    Rush is an entertainer which is exactly what fotball players are. At least Rush won't be speaking at the football games.

1. profile image0

They need to look at the racist past of Al Sharpton, his "words" have actually resulted in someone dying!

Which team does Sharpton own again?

1. profile image0

Does it matter? He is the one leading the charge against Limbaugh, so why not check his racist words? Oh yeah, you don't care about liberals that stoke racism, my bad!

I'm no fan of Sharpton, he should have been imprisoned several times over.  Limbaugh doesn't need any help to look like an idiot; just give him a microphone and let him do all of the work.

13. Len Cannon profile image86

I'm sure he could be at least as successful as Marge Schott with at least 40% less blatant bigotry.

14. Len Cannon profile image86

You could have just said "none"

edit: or tossed out some CFL team. no one's ever heard of them so they'd totally believe you.

good point

15. lsfloro profile image60
    lsfloroposted 7 years ago

It's up to the rest of the owners as far as letting Limbaugh be an owner. If they feel he will cost them money they won't approve him. The owners aren't going listen to anybody but themselves.

16. profile image0
    A Texanposted 7 years ago

OY!

Best comment you've ever submitted.  Who wrote it for you?

17. spease profile image82
    speaseposted 7 years ago

He already knows most of the other owners now.  How many people work for a company that has a CEO or owner that they disagree with?  They will play for whoever owns the team. It a way to keep the Rams in St.Louis, otherwise they are going to move most likely.

working