Yankees return to the World Series!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (30 posts)
  1. dohn121 profile image82
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

The Yanks are finally back where they belong in the World Series.  They'll be playing against the Phillies on Wednesday after beating the Halos 5-2 in Game 6 of the ALCS tonight.  I really thought that the Yanks would beat the Halos in 5 not 6 games but hey, whatever...

I realize that a lot of you hate the Yankees and get lip from every Bosox fan where I live about it, but let's try to play nice!  What are your thoughts on the Yankees and the World Series?  I say Yanks in 6 games for their 27th World Series title big_smile

1. Deborah-Lynn profile image60
      Deborah-Lynnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I root, root root, for the Dodgers and Angels, but my heart belongs to the Red sox...........

2. wavegirl22 profile image49
      wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

As a fellow Yankee fan (and a huge fan of yours;) I am with you on the 6 games. It will be a great series and I love when us New Yawkers have some magic in the air!

dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's a great feeling and natural feeling at that.  I got a little misty-eyed watching the post-game locker room/champagne celebration (got some bubbly in my eye).  I just so proud of those guys.  They worked so hard to get where they are and really do deserve it!  I wish the series would start sooner!

3. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I dont care HOW they do it, but if the Yankees win, its case of beer for me!!
      WHOOHOO go YANKS!!! (I nearly got punched in the face once, buy a 10 year old kid, buying a Yankees hat for my husband)

I don't believe in child abuse smile

1. profile image0
          Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol
          I moved in time!!! He didnt get me..

4. profile image0
      muldrakeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I say Yankees in six, also. I think tonight the Phils will rally if out of nothing else but anger at how the game unraveled for them last night.

Besides, it's wishful thinking on my part. I want the Yanks to win in NY!

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

That's cool, Deborah-Lynn, but none of those are in the Series!  Of course, there's always next year....

Dohn, I'm not great on picking Series winners because I don't watch baseball UNTIL the Series.  And I don't really know the Phillies team this year. 

Tell you what.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, so Pettit, Rivera, A-Rod, Jeter, et al, are tough to pick against.  What the hey.  I'll go with the Phillies in seven, just for the sake of doin' it. 

And the winner has to cruise the other guy's hubs till he finds one he can sincerely rate Up! big_smile

Fortunately, if the loser is me, you've got plenty of good stuff from  which to pick, so I'm not betting the family farm here.... lol

It's a deal! lol

3. Newsclipper profile image68
    Newsclipperposted 14 years ago

This is the first time in my life I was happy to see the Yankees make it to the World Series. Mostly I'm happy for A-Rod. I've always been a fan of his and hope he gets his ring.

Signed,
    An otherwise disgruntled Detroit Tigers fan. smile

4. funnebone profile image72
    funneboneposted 14 years ago

Down...Down...Down...the Bronx Bombers are going Down!

5. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 14 years ago

Phillies in 5 smile

(sorry dohn, I like the yankees but I went to college in Philly - they'll always have a warm place in my heart smile

6. tony0724 profile image61
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

As an Angel fan I cannot help but be slightly bitter. Go Phils !sad

1. funnebone profile image72
      funneboneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bitter?...after those two errors I would be beyong bitter, I would be one little pile of vinegar waving a philly flag!

7. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

i think that the Yankees will win,  MSN prediciton simulations predicted they are going to win too...(they never miss any prediction before)

8. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

the Yankees winning without Joe would be a new era.  I still think that most of them are over the hill, they need some new blood. I think the Phillies will take it but in the 7th.

9. jOverley profile image59
    jOverleyposted 14 years ago

phillies in 6 phi, ny, phi, ny, phi, phi

We'll see.  Do you really think C.C. Sabbathia is going to lose Game 1 and Game 3?  He'll pitch 3 games total if need be...

1. jOverley profile image59
        jOverleyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes, i do think cc will lose game one... oh wait, he did. i also called the fact that howard would whoop him, but it was utley, my bad. hopefully my prediction is wrong in game two... but it'll be phillies in 6!! woohoo

10. profile image49
    HealthTipposted 14 years ago

Yankees for me, the Phillies done me out of two great treble winning bets, how can one forgive that. Plus I think they  will win in 5 !

Spoken like a true fan big_smile  How are you, HT?

1. profile image49
        HealthTipposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am good my friend, had really bad headaches this last week but I think they were sinus related, our rotten weather. But I am now all for building my collection of hubs up again. The Yankees will stroll it, the Phillies haven't got the bottle !

It's great to hear that you're on the uppity-up!  Sadly, we've been having lots of gray days here too sad  I just hope that the World Series doesn't get rained out yikes

11. jOverley profile image59
    jOverleyposted 14 years ago

i think howard will bust sabathia and they'll put together a quick 4 or 5 runs in that many innings and sabathia will head to the bench in the sixth, head hanging, looking at a 4 run deficit

12. racquetsportatlas profile image61
    racquetsportatlasposted 14 years ago

I gotta say Yanks in 5 due to the pitching matchups. It may last 6 games, but no more

13. profile image0

Phillies 1-0
    smile

14. profile image0

ok, ok

1-1

. . . sigh . . .

15. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

Phillies in 6!!!

16. Jonathan Janco profile image60
    Jonathan Jancoposted 14 years ago

Cliff Lee will hold out tonight. Andy will perservere on wednesday. Yanks in 6.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)