jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Trivia sh....tuff. Yeah. Trivial stuff.

1. elisabeth reid profile image75
    elisabeth reidposted 9 years ago

Toronto Maple Leafs.  The plural for 'leaf' is 'leaves'.  There is no such thing as 'leafs'.  Every time I see one of their scores, I cringe.

And I see one of their scores an average of four nights a week.

Why is the NBA played in quarters, yet NCAA basketball is played in halves?

What kind of team mascot is a 'Blue Jacket'? 

Feel free to add your own...I've got more, I just can't think of them right now.  I will, though.  I always do.

big_smile

2. PeteMaravichFan profile image69
    PeteMaravichFanposted 9 years ago

Excellent - I now have material to occupy my brain while on the toilet tomorrow morning.

3. PeteMaravichFan profile image69

That 4 quarters vs. 2 halves  has me up in arms....

I've got a team of researchers on the problem as we speak.

4. elisabeth reid profile image75

*snicker*

Okay...here's one for you.  No cheating.  In the four major professional sports (in this country, anyway) --  MLB, NBA and NHL and NFL -- there are eight teams who have 'nicknames' that do NOT end in 's'.

Name them.

5. PeteMaravichFan profile image69

I nailed the wild and heat - then my brain gave out after 30 seconds.

6. PeteMaravichFan profile image69

damn weird hockey names again...

7. elisabeth reid profile image75

The one I had the hardest time with was Avalanche because, around here, you never hear them refered to that way.  It's always the Avs.  Which, of course, ends in 's'.  I type Avalanche all the time -- never, ever say it, though.  Took me about a half-hour before the light went off on that one.

8. elisabeth reid profile image75

Wild is NHL.  So are Avalanche.  Heat is NBA, though.

9. profile image59
    redfordnotrobertposted 9 years ago

Is that all?

10. elisabeth reid profile image75

Heh...doubtful.  I just went home last night and found that I was more irritated with other things.

Give me one of your pet peeves. Something that makes you scratch your head and think, "WTF?"

C'mon....you've gotta have one.  EVERYONE'S got one.  In fact, I just thought of another one, but I'll wait a while before I start that rant.  I've got a hub  to work on, actually.  Maybe after I make some progress there.  In the meantime, let's hear yours.

11. elisabeth reid profile image75

Okay...enough of that for one night.  Now...why is it that when you watch a baseball game (and I love watching baseball...it's one of my passions) the keep the camera on a player until he either spits, scratches or swears?

12. elisabeth reid profile image75

Oh yeah....and why on EARTH is a beer close to 10.00 at a ball park.  I'd imagine it's the same at football stadiums, basketball arenas and ice arenas.  And...what's more...why do people PAY 10.00 each often enough to become....shall we say...feeling their oats?

Are they nuckin' futz?

13. Bob Billiards profile image60
    Bob Billiardsposted 9 years ago

I always figured NBA just did quarters to squeeze in more commercial time thus = more $$$. Maybe it's just a weird conspiracy theory I have. tongue

working