jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)

When football was football!

1. profile image0
    A Texanposted 7 years ago

Take 6 seconds out of your day and watch a legend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uaPTIki … re=related

1. rhamson profile image75
      rhamsonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Have you seen him lately?

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Earl? Yeah see him all the time. He had surgery a couple of years ago and is able to walk a lot better than he used to, football was not good to him!

2. Jonathan Janco profile image81
    Jonathan Jancoposted 7 years ago

Nice run. But Tex, I think football is still football . . . at the collegiate level, anyway.

1. profile image0

You don't see running backs like that anymore. They will go around, over but very few will go through someone, Earl just ran over people!

2. Wonder_Woman profile image62
      Wonder_Womanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I only annoyance when watching football now compared to then, is that for it being a aggressive sport, they always switch to something else when players get a lil too aggressive with people, I HATE IT. Plus, every year they seem to change, alter penalties, even announcers are confused as to which penalty holds on the field

1. profile image0

Very true, I see holding penalties that you would expect to be called but they are missed by the refs. Then they call phantom penalties like those called against Arkansas that allowed Florida to take the lead in a a game they shouldn't have won, aggravating!

3. manlypoetryman profile image72
      manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Your right about that...but what about the guys that make the big bucks to play it!

3. visitmaniac profile image60
    visitmaniacposted 7 years ago

lol that was a nice hit, you still see some good plays like that now. But I have to tell you a lot of the games I have watched lately have been pretty boring. It seems like every time someone does a kick off the other team runs in for a touch down. This used to be a rare thing now it happens a few times in like every game lol.

Still a good sport and I love watching a good game smile

1. manlypoetryman profile image72

Yeah...quick answer to that...what does it say for the "Defense" mentality of today's player...if they can't stop the kick-off return!

2. Wonder_Woman profile image62
      Wonder_Womanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Are you a lions fan?

3. profile image0
  4. manlypoetryman profile image72
    manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago

A Texan: I can't get you tube where i am at-at the moment...but i assume you are showing the Monday Night Football Run of the "Yellow Rose"...when you showed a long run...and said it was "Earl"...(complimented by some hard hits...that should've taken him down!)

1. profile image0

"Tyler Rose" No it was Earl running over a Rice defender in college, I don't like Proball!

Still...awesome stuff...I can't wait tosee that one when i get home...did Earl retire out near you? I thought I saw a ranch out Nort-ish of Austin that resembled a name he might have used...(a few weeks back...when I was up in your neck of the woods...headed to Brownwood.)?

1. profile image0

He has lived in Austin for many years, his kid played for Westlake High School and was on a couple of State Championship teams there, he may have played for Texas, I'm not sure though. Earls twin Brothers played here.

Taking Note of all this...Thanks. Bum Phillips always said that he had never seen such a player with more heart...that is quite a compliment. but...then look how Earl always performed!

working