jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Game Of Cricket

1. 0
    saurabhpandeposted 6 years ago

Should the countries like USA, China do something to endorse the sports like Cricket which is a huge hit in sub-continent?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

football is the fav in the US, baseball next then basketball

in China, martial arts, gymanastics then they are starting to like basketball

in AUS and UK I think cricket is popular

1. 0
        ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah Cricket is popular in the UK, Australia, India (huge there), Pakistan, and a few more. Absolutely massive in India though, a lot of money in Indian cricket. Oh and who could forget the West Indies, they have had some great players too.

2. bukan profile image60
        bukanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes Pretty you are right just include their India also it was very much popular game in their.  smile

2. heart4theword profile image63
    heart4thewordposted 6 years ago

Sorry, I have to say I think I know what cricket is, but not for sure.  So I can't be much help!

1. El Kap profile image60
      El Kapposted 6 years ago

Attempts have recently been made to make cricket more attractive to an international, younger audience with the introduction of new versions of the game.  First some 50 over (thats around 4 hours per team, 8 hours in total) games were reduced to 40 overs, and then came the introduction of 20/20 cricket (20 overs a side, about 3 hours total).

Could 20/20 cricket take off in the States? Has it been tried?  Does anyone there know what it is bar cricket lovers?

2. 0
      saurabhpandeposted 6 years ago

I think ICC should introduce the Cricket in the countries by endorsing initially the 20/20 CRICKET. This will not only promote the game but also attract the younger generation as 20/20 cricket is much more faster and relatively a huge hit in world cricket.