jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

1. 60
    matsplat15posted 6 years ago

i cant believe the patriots lost that game last night there was no reason the bill should of gone for it on 4th and 2 what a fricken idiot he blew the fricken game

2. R.Edwards profile image78
    R.Edwardsposted 6 years ago

That's Bill's style, can't knock him for it. He's done similiar things in the past, just like him faking that spike in the last few seconds to add insult to injury when he beat the Redskins 52-7 back in '07.

He's a gambler, and I could kiiiiiiinda understand why he went for it. I mean, it's two yards, Peyton and the Colts were gaining too much momentum, his mindset was probably "okay, let's stop this foolishness and just end the game right here; go for it!!!"

In that respect, I can understand his call. It's a gamble, cause I'm telling you, Manning was gonna drive the length of the field anyway, it was inevitable...I think he was looking at the clock too, wanting Manning to 'hurry up' and score if he was going to so he could get the ball back.

There's a lot of factors involved in his decision obviously. Bill's a great coach, won't hurt him in the long run.

3. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

I wish they won too sad

1. R.Edwards profile image78
      R.Edwardsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

oh no, I was absolutely thrilled the Colts won, it gave the Pats 'that feeling' that they gave everyone in '07; just another obstacle in the Colts' pursuit of perfection.

I don't think the Colts will run the table in the regular season, but wouldn't that be a coincidence?

I absolutely hated Brady and the Pats in '07, but since his injury and him coming back after a season out, I feel that 'underdog' status for Brady now and cringe everytime he gets hit.

It was a good game, but it just reminded me (and also the Pats) that 'Manning is the Man!' lol.

4. dohn121 profile image87
    dohn121posted 6 years ago

I bet that if in the exact same situation with higher stakes (let's say the AFC Championship) Belichek would make the same exact call just to stick it to the critics, because that's how stubborn he really is.

Exactly...he wouldn't be Bill if he didn't. I liked the call, even though Dungy said afterwards "you gotta kick it in that situation."

It would be a totally different story if they would've converted, wasn't a 'dumb' call especially if you've got the talent on the field...I knew he was going for it, you gotta stop Manning cause up to that point, his Defense was sure not doing it!

That game is undoubtedly on my top 10 greatest games I've ever seen (did I speak too soon?)

5. Ladybird33 profile image73
    Ladybird33posted 6 years ago

I was hoping they would win too...bad call sad

6. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago

Going for it was the only chance he had of winning.  This pattern has been playing out for years where Bill designs a great plan that gets the Patriots an early lead, Peyton makes adjustments to bring the Colts back and whoever has the ball last wins.

Exactly, really shows the brilliance of Manning.

Too bad these two teams or QB's can't meet in the superbowl...wow!

7. TN21 profile image60
    TN21posted 6 years ago

Who would you trust more?

Brady and the offense, who had 475+ total yards OR the defense that got torched by Peyton two Colts possession early in the 4th quarter?

Both of those Colts' 4th quarter drive came at the Colts' 20-yard line. Yeah, Peyton was capable of driving 75+ yard with 3 timeouts and 2-minute warning left.

From the Pats point of view, you'd think 2 yards is automatic for the Pats offense to get.

It's one of those were if they converted, Belichick would be called a genius or gutsy. But they didn't convert so some will think he was an idiot or arrogant for doing that.

By the way, I think the major blame should go to the Pats defense. No team should ever lose with a 31-14 point lead in the 4th quarter.

The Maroney fumble in the end zone and the pass interference calll for Collie was a factor too.

I'm just mad I don't have the NFL network anymore, cause I'm pretty sure that Colts-Pats game was shown on NFL Replay. Dang!!!