jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Lebron James as a Cleveland Brown?

1. R.Edwards profile image78
    R.Edwardsposted 6 years ago

I think it's just pure speculation, nothing serious, but imagine it.

I'm taking sides with DT Shaun Rogers who says he doesn't think Lebron could take the punishment. Physically, Jame's is a monster at 6'8", 250 lbs, but he'd probably lose some of that mass in training camp.

How do you think he'd measure up?

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

I'm sure Lebron could play, but I don't think it will happen.

3. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image93
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 6 years ago

I agree with Lebron that he would have to be in a different kind of condition to play football. He might be able to do one or the other, but the fact he played high school football doesn't really mean much. There's a bit of a difference between high school and the NFL.

4. acanderson24 profile image81
    acanderson24posted 6 years ago

I believe Lebron could play in the NFL. But it would have to be full time. I don't believe he could just leave basketball and play though. Football is so physical, that he would probably need a 3 year adjustment period. Maybe spend two years in a new "development" league for the NFL. Even then it would still be a work in progress. Now if he would have went to college and continued to play both sports I could maybe see it. One thing for sure, he would have to give up b-ball. First of all the seasons overlap to much. Secondly, football just abuses your body too much and takes too much out of you. But if he put his mind to it, he probably could play. Could you imagine him at wide receiver? Not a tight end like some sports casters have stated.

1. acanderson24 profile image81
      acanderson24posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Understand, this is just speculation. There have been a lot of football players entering the league with this great predictions, and they turned out to be bust. So, this is strictly a guess as to what if Lebron played football. A few years ago, I was involved in a discussion, " what if Roger Clemens was a quarterback." A lot was said, but none of it was concrete, just speculation.

5. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

Prolly  would be a great quarterback ya reckon?

6. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I don't think he would be very successful in football. And, I'll leave it that.

7. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

He could play yes, but he is better playing Basketball

8. T_Augustus profile image60
    T_Augustusposted 6 years ago

He's got good size for a WR, and he's got great hops of course - if he's got hands, I could see him being a very effective receiver in the league.