jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

American Football Stadia

1. El Kap profile image60
    El Kapposted 6 years ago

You can probably tell by the fact that I've written "American Football" that I could possibly be from the UK...

I was wondering if there are any peculiarities etc... about football stadiums over there.  All we see over here on TV is what appear to be big, concrete bowls more focussed on squeezing as many people in than keeping tradition.  Are they all like this, or do they contain more history, like some of our Football (soccer!) grounds?

2. 0
    Denno66posted 6 years ago

Nothing like squeezing 80+ thousand drunken people together in a stadium to watch a....oh, wait no difference... lol

3. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image94
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 6 years ago

There are still a couple holdouts, but most of them are going the way of the cookie cutter, cram people in variety. Candlestick Park, Soldier Field, Lambeau Field, and the Oakland Colosseum are some of the ones still in use although Candlestick and the Colosseum will be gone soon. I think that's a big part of why teams don't have as much of a home field advantage as they used to.

4. El Kap profile image60
    El Kapposted 6 years ago

I think Soldier Field is the only one I've heard of (Chicago?).  Something that's a real shame about our football grounds in England is that there are more and more 'plastic' ones around, losing most of the charm and atmosphere of the older, quirky venues.