jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Who deserves to be in? TCU Cinncinati or Boise State?

1. 60
    bj.stokesbaryposted 6 years ago

Let's say that Texas loses to Nebraska in the Big 12 Championship (I know a big what if).. But who then deserves to face the winner of the SEC title game?

TCU (12-0)?

Cinncinati (11-0)? (still have to play Pitt)

or Boise State (12-0)?

2. kingis profile image77
    kingisposted 6 years ago

I do not think Cincinnati deserves to be in the BCS title mix.  Even if they take care of Pitt, Cincinnati will be in a BCS bowl.  The Bearcats have no defense.  Heck, my favorite team, Illinois put up 36 points against Cincinnati.  What is sad is that the Illini are bad this year.  TCU and Boise State have played very good too this year.

3. 0
    A Texanposted 6 years ago

Its not a "big if" If you know the history between Nebraska and Texas in Big 12 play you will find the underdog between these two teams usually wins. They are 1 and 1 in Big 12 Championship games against each other and Texas has caused a lot of bad memories for Nebraska!

I think this Texas team is focused on getting to the National Championship and they know they have to get past Nebraska. I called the inaugural Big 12 Championship as a Texas win by 10, they were 21 point underdogs to Nebraska and won 37-27. I have no prediction this time around.

"Hook em Horns"

To answer the question, TCU should get the shot if Texas loses!

4. xriotdotbiz profile image46
    xriotdotbizposted 6 years ago

First, a plain no to Boise State.  One win against Oregon shouldn't get anyone anywhere.  What a lame schedule.

Cincy or TCU.  Cincinnati had the tougher schedule and if they beat Pitt, they would have beat the higher ranking opponent.  Hey, I could argue that they had as tough a schedule as the Texas Longhorns.  Both won five games against opponents who had a better than .500 record.  UT decides to play a fluff non-conference schedule.  Of past opponents Texas Longhorns only have Oklahoma State who is still ranked, at #22.  Cincinnati's past still ranked opponents are #13 Oregon State and #24 West Virgina.  Should Cincy beat Pitt, Pitt is ranked #8 and, well, Nebraska is ranked #21.

Forget TCU, Cincy should be in over the University of Texas.

1. 0
      A Texanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

These schedules are created a couple of years in advance and its hard to determine where a team will be in two years. Nebraska may be ranked 21 but they are the Big 12 North Champions, a conference that Cincy would not be able to hang with week in and week out. By the way, the SEC opponent that Texas scheduled backed out, so the non conference schedule suffered!

Cincinnati may be a tough team at their level of competition but cant get it done consistently against the level Texas plays against, the Coach may find that out if he is hired by Notre Dame