jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

New York Giants QB Eli Manning Season in Jeopardy?

1. wavegirl22 profile image44
    wavegirl22posted 7 years ago

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b1MST

Anyone hear about this yet?
    Thoughts? Remarks?

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

Unfortunately, this isn't going to be the year for the "Manning Bowl".

wavegirl22posted 7 years ago in reply to this

As they say in the NFL . . expect the unexpected . .anything can happen. ...but is Eli's season over?  The Giants are not exactly out of it  .. like the Browns or the Rams . .in other words anything right now is possible.

So again has anyone else heard that Eli's season is over

1. dohn121 profile image88
        dohn121posted 7 years ago in reply to this

No, I don't think his season is over.  He's going to be fine...I'm more worried about the Giants morale more than anything.  Can they rebound?  Whatever happen to the Coughlin's Leadership Council?  The only Giant that showed any compassion and ire was Osi on Thanksgiving!  This team is too talented to be where they are...If this does keep up, I see them going 7-9.  However, if they turn things around, I see them sneaking into the playoffs with a 10-6 (remember 2007?) or 9-7 as we would win a tie-breaker after beating the Falcons.

Hope, baby.  We gotta believe.

I believe  .. I do  . .but I didnt like that article and so I thought I would pass it on. Strahan said exactly what you just said on Fox yesterday .. and he joked that maybe they just need another "pep" talk from him! They just got to want the win and play with some &hearts  . .. and yes I do remember 2007!!!
          Add to it that there is no real great leader in their division . .so I say it is up for grabs. And whomever is going to want it more is going to be the one. Like the Eagles yesterday. .forcing turnovers to win the game .. they played like they werent leaving without a win. . to quote McNabb
          "You got to get your point across," he said. "There's nothing soft-spoken on the sideline. When you have a talented team, sometimes you need to bring the nasty attitude out of them."

So who is going to step up from the players to lead  .. ?

Someone better and they better do it soon!
          But yes

I Do Believe!

That's my girl wink

3. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 7 years ago

Per Manning the injury is not bothering him. At least thats what ESPN is reporting. I think the Giants season is doomed. I wonder if they miss Derrick Ward now?

Doomed is pretty harsh jobi ..
      as Tom Landry once said

“Football is an incredible game. Sometimes it's so incredible, it's unbelievable.”

So week to week does anyone really know what will happen!

Like my fellow GMan fan Dohn . .we both believe and if you can believe  . . .dreams really do come true cool

4. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 7 years ago

I am hoping the Giants beat the Cowgirls next week! Those cowgirls need to be brought back down to the real world. If the Giants cannot beat the cowboys next week then their season is definitely done.

Get your popcorn ready big_smile

5. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image93
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 7 years ago

It's not really that unexpected at all. I said the week after it happened that it might eventually cost him the season if he tried to play with it. They should of sat him for a while and let it heal instead of hoping he could withstand the pain 'til the offseason. Not like it would have made that huge of a difference with the way he has played.

working