jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Notre Dame's Next Coach

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

I caught my first Stanford game this past weekend.  It was a super game with Stanford pulling it out.  I figured if Stanford won, that Charlie would be out.

Just saw on ESPN, that he was fired.  I hope Jim Harbaugh stays at Stanford - saw a few rumors that he's on the short list for the ND job.

2. dohn121 profile image87
    dohn121posted 6 years ago

Hmmm...I wonder if Bob Stoops will take it.  The way in which ND announced that the job is available to him without having interviewed him shows a lack of class from such a traditionally classy college.

What's Eric Mangini doing next year? smile

3. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 6 years ago

Lou Holtz need to take over, have they had a good season since he left?

4. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 6 years ago

The "Pope" smile

5. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

I think Stoops and Meyer are out.  Mangini seems like he might be on the hot seat as well. 

If you're going to go to Cinci for the HC, you might look at June Jones.  SMU is bowl eligible one year later.

6. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image92
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 6 years ago

I don't watch much college football, but the thing I hear a lot is that ND can't compete with the top programs because their academic standards scare off the best prospects. Seems they would be better off getting a guy from a smaller school with a good track record of winning without the blue chip players instead of someone from another major program, who is used to having the pick of the litter every year. Maybe they should steal Boise State's coach.