jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is Notre Dame a desirable Coaching position

1. 0
    A Texanposted 6 years ago

2. dohn121 profile image87
    dohn121posted 6 years ago

If I were any football coach, I'd take it over coaching the Raiders, Redskins, and the Cowboys.  The pay's the same and so is the pressure, but you at least won't have any meddling owners big_smile

3. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 6 years ago

Ask any coach that has crossovered to college from the pro's  .. . not only do they seem to love it for the game but there is a tremendous quality of life that comes with the package. .

4. kingis profile image79
    kingisposted 6 years ago

At one time, Notre Dame was the premier coaching job in all of sports. With the struggles of the last decade or so, Notre Dame is not the same.  Ever since Lou Holtz left, they have had Bob Davie, George O'Leary (although he never coached a game for ND), Tyrone Willingham, and Charlie Weis coach the program into mediocracy.  The top athletes will not come to Notre Dame because of the admissions standards.  But, if were a player or coach, I would pick many other schools over Notre Dame.  Notre Dame will definitely throw their money at whoever becomes the next coach.  Notre Dame should decide too whether it is better for them to be independent or join a conference.  They could fit into the Big Ten but really they should the Big East since all of the other athletic teams are part of the Big East except football and ice hockey.  I think it will be very interesting to see who takes the job in South Bend.