jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

College Football Playoffs

1. 0
    A Texanposted 6 years ago

Congress wants to get involved in the implementation of a playoff system, like they don't have anything better to do. Obama is in favor of playoffs but I think only those politicians whose Alma Maters have won a National Championship since the invention of antibiotics should have a say!

1. Himitsu Shugisha profile image75
      Himitsu Shugishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'd like to think Congress and the Federal government has better things to do with their time; but I would like to see a playoff system implemented. Teams like TCU and Cincinatti (both undefeated) have, in my opinion, earned the right to play for the big game.

2. 60
    C.J. Wrightposted 6 years ago

I don't think congress should be getting involved. However this would be a less harmfull endevor than cap and trade or healthcare! I do think the coaches and players should insist on it. Even if they had to act indipendently of the NCAA to make it happen, even if it meant getting kicked out of the NCAA! Plain and simple, get rid of the logos and get sponsors...play it out! No doubt that if Texas, Alabama, Cincinati and TCU openly agreed to this it would happen! This would turn the NCAA and the BCS on its ear! It would only have to happen once for things to change for ever.

3. 0
    A Texanposted 6 years ago

I am in favor of a playoff system, Boise/Cincy/TCU all have a legit gripe but could they beat Bama or Texas? Only a playoff system would determine that!